Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's cold and we need some tea



pictures: dille & kamille

It's cold. Really cold. My hubby, my son and me went for a walk this morning and it was freezing, so I was dreaming of having a high tea. But because time didn't allow it, I was already content to just have my cup of tea this afternoon, which was definitely what I needed.
Here are some photos of beautiful things, that inspire me to prepare a nice afternoon tea with some friends. Or just a pretty tea set to make my house look cozy. I will try to buy the blue tablecloth one of these days. Teapots, cups, some fresh flowers, bring instant atmosphere!


I hope all of you enjoyed the weekend. It's February, some more cold months to go, but I'm sure our homes will be warm and cozy inside.

Have a great week!

Solange xx!

12 comments:

Rumour has it said...

Dat vergrijsde 'duiven'-blauw van die tafelkleden is inderdaad heel mooi. Blijkbaar heeft D&K een nieuwe lentecollectie... Ik ben altijd benieuwd naar hun nieuwe kleuren.

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Wat een heerlijkheden liggen daar zeg. Die tefelkleden zijn erg mooi, helaas geen D&K hier in de buurt... misschien toch maar even een mailtje naar m'n ouders mét bestelling :-).
geniet van je warme huis!

MODERN COUNTRY said...

It is such a feast to come and visit you! Pretty pictures and lovely cup of teas. What a wonderful way to start a week :)
I wonder, Who`s the writer of the very pretty pictures out of the book called "Home" ? I really want to buy that book!

You asked me who`s that lovely girl singing in my room, that is a Norwegian artist named Tone Damli Aaberge. You could find more of her music at You tube, or her :
http://www.toneaaberge.com/

I wish you a wonderful week Solange!

Rumour has it said...

Hoi Solange, er is een kleine verrassing voor je op mijn blog... :)

I. said...

Hai Solange,
ik kende je blog nog niet, maar via mijn landgenote M. heb ik je 'gevonden'!
Fijne dag nog en groetjes van Isabel

Unknown said...

Lieve Solange,
Ik ben vandaag thuis en hoor de regen buiten aardig tekeer gaan...ik heb mijn huispak aan en geniet van een kopje koffie en een stukje zelf gemaakte cake. Nu ik jouw blog zie krijg ik ech weer zo'n ultiem "huisgevoel"....heerlijk!!!

*Marie* said...

Hej Solange!!!
I hope you had a great weekend!!!! Your pictures are so lovely, If I could I would sit down at that table and drink a hot cup of black tea!!! MMMhhh... Saturday was here also a very cold, and snowy day. I hope spring is comming soon cause I love the first fresh sunny days of april and may. What kind of costume do you make? Love to hear from you.....*Marie*

Sea Angels said...

When can I come round?? I'm so sure I could sew faster, with a nice cake a cup of tea and some good company, perfect post....
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs Lynn xx

Anja said...

wat een heerlijke blog! Heb echt zitten genieten!

Mag ik je bij mn favorieten zetten? Ik kom nl. graag nog een keertje terug!

Groetjes, Anja
http://www.newclassichome.blogspot.com

Lilla Blanka said...

I like your blog, it´s very nice!
Mia

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Hi Solange,
today I´m dreaming of a good cup of tea too, because the weather is so cold and we have a lot of rain. Your pictures are really nice.

Your blog is beautiful.
Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Anonymous said...

It si cold here in The States, too. I think tea sounds quite nice. I loved it in England, and wish we would adopt the warm tradition of tea here.