
It's been awhile since my last blog, but I went to visit my parents and for the moment, my mom is visiting us. So, it's been busy and a pleasure to do some nice things together.
I have looking at details lately, doorknobs and the finishing touches on things. Small things that make your house so personal and special. Candles are a favourite of mine, especially Dyptique candles, but also flowers and nice linens and bed sheets can really make my home 'my home'.

I have also seen some beautiful armchairs lately...but, no, with our little boy of 2, it's better to keep our Ikea sofa's for awhile more and just wash the slipcovers! his little fingers seem to touch everything these days, and I am moving objects all the time.
You have to be creative, and change is good in a home.

I've also bought some fresh white flowers for my nightstand, for a very luxury feeling. It's the details that make your home...
Solange xx

6 comments:
O ja, met kleine kinderen in huis ben je vaak 'gebonden' en moet je 'details' ook vaak aanpassen aan (plakkerige) kinderhandjes en hun ontdekkingsdrang. Wij kennen dat liedje ook. De knoppen op je foto's zijn wel prachtig!
Hi Solange!!
Great to hear from you!!! For me it is also very important to have a strong contact to my mom! My kids and I will take the train for easter to meet my family!!Yes!!! Since my daughter was born we have a white sofa from Ikea and I´m so happy that I can change the husse/ the fabric. I do this every month. it is a little bit work but we don´t want to buy a new one cause the kids are so" small" and the dog and the cats always jump on it with dirty feets. I think you know how it is:)... I love love love your candels that are my colours that looks sooo cosy!!!You have so much taste and I hope to see more from you!! Have great days with your mom...xx*Marie*
Gosh Solange, we are so alike!! Our thought are so similair, and You appreciate the same things that I do. The small things, the details...You are so right. Me too love soaps, Linen, special chairs, candles and flowers. Without that my Home wouldn`t even be a home. All your pictures, also from the previous posts reflect your feelings and thougts so well. I so enjoy looking at them, feeling warm and happy inside :))
So thanks for sharing all this Beauty!
And thank you for stopping by and leave me such motivating words. I do have a lot to do, therefore I have less time to visit, but I have not forgotten about you :) I think I will be ready this weekend. There have been some delays because of all the work with my study and house. But everything will work out eventually.
I hope you will have a great day Solange! Myself will go ahead and do some more painting and needle work. Kiss and hug from me! :))
OH, I forgot about your visit and company with your mother. I think that`s such a wonderful thing.I hope you will have a wonderful time and lots fun together! Give her my greetings :)
Aina
Mooi die knoppen. en inderdaad, het huis moet natuurlijk wél leefbaar zijn met kinderen...
Neem je een kijkje op mijn blog, kleine verrassing!
Geniet van je weekend, Chantal
This is a super post and I agree, it is the small details that count, it is nice to be reminded of this, as yes they are so easy to overlook.
Those handles are stunning.
I really agree about the sofa too !!
Hugs Lynn xx
Post a Comment