Tuesday, February 12, 2008

white and colour



another day of sunshine, how good that feels. I have been going through my home lately and I see that the colour white remains my favourite decorating colour. I like to add touches of other colours, some earth tones, some soft neutrals, but mainly I like white to be the base.
I also added some soft pink roses here and there, which makes a nice combination with the white, don't you think?





in a month or two, I will start my spring cleaning, can't wait to open my windows and doors and let some fresh air in. For now it's still a bit chilly here, so I enjoy the sun from behind my window.



I also still have my 'Traditional Scone Mix' on my shelf, but I haven't yet had the time to try it... maybe this coming weekend? well, it also looks nice on my shelf!



Then there is a photo of a sneak peak in my kitchen cabinet. The ' Chocolat Chaud' mugs are from Riviera Maison, and I think they look so snug and winterish in my cupboard ;-)
wish you all a nice sunny day,

Solange

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Solange,
I can see you've been busy again!
Wonderful pictures you made in your house. You are always so inspired...
It's always good to see that you updated your blog...it gives me a push to change things in my house as well :-)
Love, Romina

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Wat ziet het er mooi fris uit Solange.
Die rozen combineren perfect en die scones-mix.... yummie, ziet er erg goed uit. Veel plezier met bakken!

Rumour has it said...

Die stoffen in je banner zijn prachtig. Daar val ik echt voor. En ook die servetringen op de wandplank. Het zijn toch servetringen, of? Supermooi zijn ze. Ja, wit blijft hier toch ook de basis, want anders kun je bijna geen kleur gebruiken zonder dat het te bont wordt. Dat scones-pak heeft een leuke, decoratieve vorm; ik zou hem ook zo laten staan hoor. Groetjes, Marjolijn

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Ik heb jou ook toegevoegd ;-)

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Dear Solange,
Good to hear that you have been enjoying the sunny days too! Wasn`t that a fresh welcome? I shure have been enjoying it very much and have spent most of the days otside in my garden.

I think the two of us have lots in common, and now I see that we also have the same taste in colours. White remains my favourite decorating colour too, and as you I add a touch of earthtones. Very chic! Two days ago I bought the latest issue of: "Woon Engelse Stijl". You really should buy that magazine, a mix of English, French and Belgian countrystyle. It is so stylish and I get soooo Inspired! I really think it should be something for you as well. It is not too many white decorated houses, but I get tons of beautiful Ideas.

Love your always pretty decorations!Maybe we should take a trip together :))

Enjoy a very nice day Solange!
Hug from Aina

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Oh I forgot, check out this site!
http://countrylifestyle.startspot.nl/

Aina

MODERN COUNTRY said...

I know!! Were did you live again?

I LOVE oak floor boards, they are so fantastic good looking!! I had to laugh about you, about you looking more on floors than clothes :)) But I do it myself! We are not crazy, we are just more observant about details.

Enjoy a great Valentine`s Day!

Sea Angels said...

Happy Valentines Day, I just love your new banner,
Hugs Lynn xx

Anonymous said...

Solange,

I have just been in the process of going to whites. Love it! Everthing is refreshing, crisp, clean, and shows well agianst it. I will have to post some picts when I finish the room I am working on.

Your taste is exquisite!