Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January is coming to an end...



photo: from book 'Home'
photo: from book 'Home'

photo: vakre hjem & interior


Dear all,

Yes, January is soon over. I think it has passed quite quick this year, considering the fact that I think winter months pass slower than spring and summer months.
Here at home, I was quite busy. Family visits, my son was sick, and the house needed some cleaning. 2 days ago, I received a lovely book I ordered called 'Home' by Anita Kaushal. I wanted to buy the book, because I saw it on a lovely blog called 'Sanctuary' so I got inspired and it indeed is a wonderful book, full of beautiful pictures. (especially good for those who have kids, since its full of advice and tips on how to make your home beautiful with still room for kids running around..) Thank you, Sanctuary!!

Now, I also got a prescription on 'Vakre Hjem & Interior' which is a Norwegian magazine. You must think I am crazy for getting a prescription on a magazine I can't even read (since I don't understand norwegian!) but the pictures are so inspiring and exceptional, that I don't need to read it, the pictures are enough for me. It's highly recommended.

The other picture shows the new flowers which are on my shelf, I thought it would be nice to give our kitchen a fresh scent.

I also want to give my comment on a remark, said by Lynn of the lovely blog 'Sea angels'. She said how lucky she felt to all know eachother as bloggers in our little interior world of crafts, decoration, and interior. I think she is right, to read a nice comment from someone, or to visit your blogs, it gives me a lot of joy and a feeling that the world is a smaller place! (even though we might be from different countries!)

Enjoy your week,

Solange

9 comments:

*Marie* said...

hej Solange!!!
No, you are not the only itty bitty crazy person who orders magazines in different languages. I also have the Vakre magazine and I love it. All the scandinavian magazines are soooo lovely for example BoligLiv from Dk or Interior magasinet also from Norway. My mom loves french interior and ordered Cote Quest and the Elle interior magazines from France and she also has the country living from GB. Ok my mon is a magazine junkie:))) I love that book you ordered. Where did you get it? From amazon?
And yes it makes so much fun to talk to all the lovely people with the same interrests arround the world!! Hope your son is doing fine ....wish you a nice week!!! ....xxx *Marie*

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to decorating magazines. I get it :)!

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Thank you for the mention :) I'm glad you liked the book, too! Recently I've been reading so many praises to Vakre Hjem that I'm really tempted to subscribe as well. Not that I speak a word of Norwegian, as you say :). I never realised what a beautiful world blogging could open up and how many wonderful people one 'meets', such as yourself! x

Mary-Laure said...

I love the cover of the book Home you featured. It's really exquisite, I must look it up...

Unknown said...

Lieve Solange,
Wat heb je toch weer prachtige foto's op je site!!! En wat heb je toch weer heerlijke dingen voor jezelf gekocht! Goed hoor, je moet jezelf af en toe maar eens flink verwennen...Liefs Ro

Sea Angels said...

Hi, Solange.....me too I can't read it but I just adore it, I have also bought the Franske Stemminger(not sure if I have spelt it right) I can't read that but I love it. Thankyou for a mention on your post, I was really pleased by your comment, and so glad you are part of this wonderful community...magical isn't it.
Hugs Lynn xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. And I look forward to visting your many times again.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Solange!
I am new to your blog, but I totally understand you! I would buy a lovely magazine even if I could not read the language, just to see the gorgeous picitures!
Penny

My lovely cottage said...

Helemaal eens met deze stelling. Ik ben nog maar een blogger sinds enkele weken maar het is geweldig om al die mooie inspirerende foto's te zien en de lieve berichtjes te lezen. Enorm leuke blog heb je, ik kwam je tegen bij het picasaforum waar je net als ik nieuw aangemeld staat. Een hele fijne dag en wie weet tot blogs! Groetjes, Yvonne p.s. kom eens bij me binnenkijken.