Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the cozy escape

photo: Solange
photo: Solange
photo: Flamant

Hello everybody,

This morning I took a good long look at our bedroom, and I must say that I quite like my bedroom. It has a cozy atmosphere, it's just that I need to tidy up there a bit here and there...
So, I thought to share a beautiful bedroom picture, I dream of having from Flamant, I also put up a picture of the fabrics of my curtains. At the moment I have got 2 curtains in 2 different colours in our bedroom, layered over eachother. One curtain is off white and the other is a stone/beige kind of colour. Both are calm and peaceful colours for the bedroom I think. Of course only interior freaks like us can see that, since others probably wouldn't even see a difference!
I also placed a beautiful vase on a white chest in our hallway. The back of the wall is painted with Chalkpaint, but turned out darker then I had in mind, since the hallway isn't always very light. So in the shop you think 'what a beautiful light colour' and then at home it's not at all the same. But it's a good practise, since I am experimenting a lot with colours in our home.

*** I've also order 3 (!) books lately, eagerly waiting for them to arrive....you know that feeling? I will share with you later which books I ordered :-)

I wish you all an inspiring day and lots of sunshine!

Solange

6 comments:

*Marie* said...

Wow what a bedroom!!! That looks very very elegant!!! I´m a little bit busy because I have to pick up my kids from school!!! Have a beautiful day ...xx*Marie*

Rumour has it said...

Dat bovenste plaatje is heel mooi zo met dat blauw tegen die bruine (kalkverf?)-muur. In de slaapkamer van onze dochters zit ook zo'n kleur op de muur. De Flamant-stijl is inderdaad prachtig, maar je kunt die zelf nabootsen voor minder dan de helft van het budget dat je bij hen nodig hebt! Ik ben nieuwsgierig naar je boeken... Heb net ook pas een Engelse vertaling van een Frans werk van Michèle Lalande binnen: The New Eighteenth-Century Style. Ken je het? Groetjes

Sea Angels said...

Your room sounds peaceful and elegant, I love your beautiful home.
Hugs Lynn
Have a nice week xx

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Hallo Solange,
Kwam op je blog terecht via Something White. Ik geniet van wat ik zie en kom zeker vaker langs!
Groetjes, Chantal

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Good Evening Solange,
I really love your writing! The way you write just calm me down.

Such wonderful pictures from your home. I am also very fond of chalkpaint, so French and perfect for the countrystyle. Interesting wase! I just have to visit Flamant really soon, every picture are tempting me! I also like the way you dress your window, with layers of fabric, very chic! I can`t wait to find a house in Norway, a house with character. Hopefully an old house. Then I am going to decorate in the way I always have wanted it to be, rustic, nostalgic with some romance and with a french twist to it. Oh...dreaming.. :))

Have a wonderful night Solange!

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Your bedroom palette looks very calming and serene. Andt there really can't be a better pick-me-up than new books, look forward to hopefully getting a peek when they arrive :)