Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Being home again


Don't you think this corner looks cozy?

Easter has passed and it was a good few days of holiday. It was very enjoyable in France, eating lots of chocolate and cookies, seeing my family, even doing some shopping with my sister.
The days were freezing cold and we had lots of snow, it even looked a bit like christmas... but being home always make me very happy and I missed visiting your blogs. Thank you all for the nice reactions I had on my last blog, it makes my days so good!


I found a lovely, country style hook in France, don't you like the colour of it? My darling sister bought me a nice glass pot with a cover which has this silverish knob on it. I use it for my candles now, but I think I will put it in my bathroom soon, to fill it with soaps or cotton sticks. Very chic!



My mother-in-law gave me a silver plate, which goes with a teapot I have. It's really big and beautiful, and for the moment I use it in the livingroom. It's nice to use things for different purposes, don't you think? Just to change a bit.

In our livingroom, my husband keeps some old books in his bookcase and I thought it would be nice to put them on display. Old books have got something charming, and mysterious about them. I think they look very special.


I will go on now, to order my house a bit and I wish you all a great week!

Solange xx!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Solange,
Thank you for the lovely days in France. I loved the shopping, eating and chatting with you again!!! I'm glad you liked the pot...it looks just perfect in your house. The hanger is very nice as well, beautiful colour !!!
Enjoy your new things and don't let go of the holiday feeling!
Love, Romina

Sea Angels said...

Sooooo glad to have you home again, I can smell those divine candles from here. I just love everything you have shown, you always present everthing in such a pretty way.
Have a super week
Hugs Lynn xx

*Marie* said...

Oh Solange,
I hope you had a great easter!! I enjoyed the time with my family. We had so much to talk about! My husband couldn´t come with us cause of his work:( Now the kids are in school and the daily bussines starts again. Here we have just one week hollidays but my sisters kids in Germany have 2 weeks:(( This weekend I have just one kid, Selina is sleeping with the school in a comunity-house near by the sea. She is very excited about that. So we three have time to build a little barn for our wood and work a bit in the garden ( hope the weather will be good). I can´t see snow anymore, guess everyone has the same feeling! Solange it makes me so much fun to follow your blog and to write and read comments. Thank you for your interest in my life:))) ... Wish you and your family a great week and I can´t wait to see more on your blog;)....xx*Marie*

P.s i love the candles and how you arange them...mmhh soooo cozy!!!

Marianne said...

Hallo,
Ik vond jou blog via een andere. Wat een prachtige foto´s. Je huis ziet er erg mooi uit en je weet je spulletjes erg stijlvol te presenteren. Ik kom zeker nog eens vaker langs en zal ook nog wel eens je archief induiken.
Groet, Marianne

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Such beautiful things, very cosy and inviting indeed! I'm glad you're back!

Marja Kristiina said...

Très chic, Solange! Beautiful items from France! I'm actually a little envious as I'm sure that all kinds of goodies can be bought over there that I can only dream of up here ;-)

Have a good evening!

Anja said...

Vind vooral de bovenste foto erg mooi. Leuk om te zien dat je zelf die stijl ook helemaal doorvoert.

Groetjes, Anja

zabrina said...

Hi Solange, lucky you in France. I never been there! It's probably a great place to be..
Your items are definitely great. Love them all!
Xoxo,

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell the perfume of the Dyptique candle!
MMMh Figuiers is my favourite one! Thank you for this very nice moment.
Enjoy your week-end. Anne.

vosgesparis said...

hey ;) ik zag dat je bij mij langs was geweest en volgens mij heb ik je nog geeneens een bedanlje gestuurd, bij deze dus, ik ga eens even op je blog lezen ;) de eerste foto bevalt mij al prima ! tot ziens
groetjes desiree

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Hi Solange and Welcome back!!

I have missed you. You are one that makes my day feel complete, if you know what I mean :)
And I am glad you were happy with the card I sent you. Wonderful to go home, to see your family, to feel the warmth and joy just beeing around them. I know exactly what you mean. I have the same feeling when I am in Norway. And soon I will see them every day if I want. That`t just fantastic!

So lovely going shopping with your sister. The hook is so nice, I could have bought it myself, my style as well! And the nice glass pot with a cover which has this silverish knob on it, loved it! Your sister is so nice. I think it will be nice with soaps in it, as you say, very chic!

I hope your weekend will be a very good one. Enjoy my friend!

A friendly kiss from Aina

Rumour has it said...

Je hebt prachtige spulletjes meegebracht uit Frankrijk! Wellicht heb je fijne dagen gehad ginds; er zijn streken/steden die me aan het hart liggen omdat ik er ook 7 jaar heb gewoond. Vive la France :D