Friday, January 2, 2009

a touch of paint



I usually have a strong need to give things a lick of paint in my house. Last week, I was tired of my white wall, white cupboard and decided to paint the chest of drawers with a light grey colour, that made the white of the wall stand out more. I am happy with the result, even though the photo doesn't show the change of colour so strongly.
photo: after
photo: before

Things have been moved, the Christmas tree is gone... yes, yes, it might be a bit early, but snce I am leaving in a few days for NYC, I didn't want to clean everything one day before leaving.
The house seems strangely empty and tidy without the decorations, the tree, the postcards, but it also gives me a sense of order and new beginnings.

I don't know about you, but I don't make any new year's resolutions, since I can't keep to them and next to feeling the pressure, I also feel I fail if I don't keep to them.
For now, I will enjoy some more leftover chocolates...and enjoy the weekend to come!

take care girls,
Solange

9 comments:

Gabbi said...

I see the difference and it's an excellent idea! It never occurred to me and it really does make the white wall pop. Thank you...

Windlost said...

Solange- the dresser looks wonderful - I love those soft gentle colours and I agree that they really make the white more promounced. Have a great trip to NYC.

Yes, isn't it nice when the tree is down and the decorations are away - it is lonely but also so tidy and neat!

xo Terri

Mary-Laure said...

Solange, you have such impeccable taste... Those flowers and seashells on the chest of drawers make a perfect ensemble, so delicate and exquisite...

Anonymous said...

Danke für deinen Besuch bei mir
Wie recht du doch hattest mit dem Wetter...:-( ich habe schreckliche Nebelbilder von der Autobahn auf den weg dort hin
aber es ist gar nicht schlimm gewesen, denn wir waren ja in der Halle und danach erst in der Stadt und sind nun wohlbehalten wieder angekommen

Anonymous said...

Hi Solange
I think your dresser look fabulous with its new coat of soft grey - subtle, but beautiful.
And I love the little shells on top.
Hope you have a wonderful trip to New York - is it work or pleasure that takes you there? Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back so please post about it!
Catherine xx

Marianne said...

Hi Solange, alle beste wensen voor 2009!
Je kastje is mooi geworden, maar dat was hij eigenlijk al. En je gaat naar NY!! Mijn allerfavorietste stad in de wereld, ik ben zo jaloers. Alvast veel plezier en trek goede schoenen aan, want je loopt er de voeten onder je lijf uit.
Groetjes

Anonymous said...

Hi solange,
Nog een gelukkig 2009 toegewenst, en alvast een goede reis naar NY.
Je kast is mooi geworden, lekker zo na kerst, alles opgeruimd en weer met een schone lei beginnen :)
Groetjes, Janneke.

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Het ziet er weer mooi uit Solange, je ziet het verschil écht wel hoor!
Oooo, naar NYC... we waren er in de zomer, genieten hoor!
Ik wens je een goede reis, heel veel plezier én nog een fantastisch 2009 gewenst (het begin is al erg goed hè).
Liefs, Chantal

*Marie* said...

my Dear Solange, I´m finally back from my mom´s house there is so much work now to do in the house. A big hill of laundry is waiting to get clean and the children rooms are looking horrible. But I will send you late but not forgotten all the best wishes for 2009!!! Thank you so much for your inspiration!!! hugs *Marie*