Monday, December 29, 2008

looking forward to a new year



Well, Christmas was wonderful, full of family celebrations, good food, presents and most importantly many warm memories with my beloved ones. My son was spoiled and we were all realizing how lucky we are to have so much in this part of the world.

I received a beautiful Burberry pashmina scarf, it's so warm, a big jane austen collected novels book, a dvd, chocolate, a silver chandelier for my dining table and a book of Marie Antoinette, from the Paris exhibition in march 2008, were I had been earlier this year. I couldn't feel happier!



The weather on the the other hand has gotten so cold, I am not used to such temperatures any longer... brrrr.....chilly, and cold, I am leaving in 2 weeks to New York, which is probably even colder. So good that I got a nice scarf.

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas days and that we can continue visiting each other in the new year to come.

take care! Solange

11 comments:

Sea Angels said...

Hello Solange...what gorgeous presents, how lovely, generous and thoughtful, you must be thrilled. We had the most lovely Christmas and yes we are still enjoying the holidays...I am pretending they they will never end ha ha.
I hope the New Year brings all of your dreams and wishes true.
Love and hugs Lynn xx

Gabbi said...

Thank you for sharing your gifts dear Solange, your pashmina looks so warm and soft!

Sérénité said...

hello, i'm frensh, i like your blog !!!

Mary-Laure said...

Sounds like you were spoiled, good for you! Show us the chandelier please...
I love Jane Austen, BTW.

And I'm adding your blog to my blogroll on Aurea.

Anonymous said...

Dear Solange
I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas. And look at what fabulous presents! Either your family has excellent taste, or you are very good at dropping hints.
And how exciting that you are going to New York!!! Hope to hear all about it.
Catherine

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Dear Solange,
nice to hear about your wonderful Christmas. The pashmina looks so cosy and warm. What a beautiful gift!
I wish you and your family a Happy New Year.

Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Windlost said...

Hi Solange - looks like a perfect Christmas! Any Christmas when I receive books and chocolate is perfect in my book - plus being surrounded by family of course! Happy New Year! xo Terri

MODERN COUNTRY said...

I wish you the very best for the new year. May it be a year filled with succes and happiness.

And thank you for every single moment shared with Inspiration.Thank you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR SOLANGE!

Warm greeting from Aina

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I found your blog by chance and it's very lovely!

Windlost said...

Solange - I hope it is okay that I added you to my links! I would like to keep reading your posts in 2009! XO Terri

Anonymous said...

I wish you a Happy New Year!
Hugs Tanja