Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas touches here and there


Christmas is coming and the festive month has started. I have put up the tree and plan to enjoy it this year. Last year I just enjoyed it for 2 weeks, so this year in our new home, it should accompany us for a full month or so.



I didn't put too many baubles and decorations in our tree, since my son's little hand are quick to 'redecorate' our tree!

Today I will also start with my gift list, and the writing of the christmas cards, every year I finish just on time and every year, I decide to start earlier, we'll see how far I get.
Yesterday I found a some gorgeous little gifts, in a small store, just full of christmas goodies and coziness.

Hope everybody is enjoying their preparations and christmas atmosphere at home.

Solange x!

15 comments:

Gabbi said...

Beautiful decorations! I still haven't started my decorating :) love Christmas...

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Dear Solange,
thank your so much for your sweet compliment.
My son is nearly 3. His birthday is in 20 days :-). Yesterday Samuel asked me three or four times, if he could please!, please!, please! open the next small package. You see, it is the same here.
You have found a beautiful place for your sweet little stars. I love christmas trees but we will put up our tree not until Christmas Eve, so I must be patient for the next 22 days.

Have a nice evening, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Anonymous said...

Yes I well remember when my son was three - the tree was in great danger from his little fingers! He's 7 now. Solange I have given you a challenge. Details are on my blog.
Catherine

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Ik heb dan wel geen klein kind meer rondlopen (de mijne is al 9!), maar wel een hond met een zwieperende staart... en dus voor mij helemaal geen kerstballen dit jaar... ik heb gkozen voor geluksbandjes uit Bahia (noordoosten van Brazilië). Die maken er wellicht niet zo stylish-verantwoorde boom van, maar wél een vrolijke!
Geniet van deze heerlijke maand!!
X Chantal

Katja - Bag End said...

Oh yes, Christmas is approaching fast. I have also started to decorate our home. This year no Christmas tree though, as we spend the Christmas in Finland, but I am planning to bring in some kind of tree branch and at least decorate that!

Reginas Cottage said...

Dear Solange
Your pictures are so wonderful.I like
your little star,it looks wonderful in the tree.
I'm finish with my decoration.
Have a nice evening,Regina

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Hi Solange, thank you for your message!
Wow, have you already decorated your christmas tree? It is beautiful, and you are so right, you may enjoy it longer if you can. :))We don`t do it before the 23 here, it is a tradition..And I think I will keep it like that, but I shure get attemted now :) This year we will cut it down ourselfs, like many others...
I really like your new bedspread. Gorgeous colour and pattern! You are right, it is perfect with beige and white tones.

Did you already have snow? Today we had our first really snow, wonderful!

Good night!
Hugs, Aina

Sea Angels said...

Hi Solange, tiny fingers yes need watching ha ha, but how gorgeous......I love your decorations and I am going to start on mine soon..I wait until after my daughters birthday on the 13th then I will be all action.
Have a lovely time together.
Hugs Lynn xx

vosgesparis said...

op een enkele versiering na is hier t huis ook bijna in kerst stemming ;)

Sea Angels said...

CONGRATULATIONS....you have won THIRD prize in my draw.......please send me your address so I can post your prize.
Love and hugs Lynn xx

manon 21 said...

vive les décorations de Noël
je vais m'y mettre.
merçi

manon

Rumour has it said...

De kerststemming zit er inderdaad bij jullie al helemaal in! Vandaag is het nog een beetje Sinterklaas-chaos in huis, met overal nieuwe speeltjes en stukken papier verspreid over de vloer... maar als dat eenmaal voorbij is, gaan wij ook aan het ´serieuzere´ werk beginnen :D
Mooie kerstbal trouwens!
Groetjes

Line said...

Your blog is beautiful, lots of lovely pictures and nice colours too! Have a nice and relaxing sunday.

vicki archer said...

Love the Santa, xv.

Anonymous said...

Oh wat zijn er nu toch allemaal leuke dingen te doen in huis !
Nu Sinterklass op weg is naar Spanje ga ik ook maar wat winter/kerst decoraties in huis aanbrengen. Verheug me er nu al op !
Groetjes en een fijne week, Janneke.