Monday, January 26, 2009

A peek in my cupboard and home



Well, today I thought about sharing a few images of my house/style. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I am happy when I once in a while have the house tidy and neat and fully enjoy these moments.
My white cupboard is full of pieces I use every day. I even use my silver cutlery on regular days since I realised that it just isn't enough to enjoy things on Christmas or special events.
The picture above is a build in cupboard which was already there when me moved in, from the thirties. So, I painted it white and put some nice objects in there.





At the moment I looking for a nicer china set, my cutlery and glasses are all from Villeroy and Boch, but my plates are just plain and would like something more refined, so I am looking these days around... I like a mix of things old and new and I am hoping that I can find some brocante or old plates.
A beautiful table can bring such exitement to me and make me all happy!

I am not so happy about the text on top of my cupboard, I find that it's very common and not special anymore, but I just don-t have the courage to paint the cupboard, since there are so many other paint jobs waiting in the house, so for the moment, it will do.




Hope you all have a wonderful week and January is soon behind us, it flew by!

Solange

13 comments:

Windlost said...

Solange - nice to see a peek into your home. Everything is beautiful and restful. I like your white plates. Mine are from Ikea and are getting really tired. Good luck finding something. : )

Sonja said...

Thank you Solange, to show us a little of your charming and wonderful house! I can see the love in every details and you give so many *eye-candies* to us, that's wonderful. Your house is wonderful and your blog, too!
Best wishes from Austria,
Sonja

Anonymous said...

Solange thanks for the little mini tour of your house. I've done something similar today - a post on all my seashells I have around the house.
Good luck finding your plates. I imagine you have some great flea markets over there to rummage through.

Millas hem said...

Thank you for visiting my blog!
So many nice pictures here!
I´ll be back!:)
Have a nice evening

Camilla

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Thank you Solange for your lovely messages!! I want you to know that they make me very happy and I am so glad that you are my blogfriend. I never forget your letters you sent me.

Wonderful to see more of your home, and your cupboard are really filled with lots of beauty. Those white Chocolate jars are so pretty!! I love ceramics, all kinds of shapes, coloured and white ones.

I read that you felt Inspired and happy coming home from New York? That is great! I really felt your enthusiasm :)

Have a good night sleep and a great Wednesday!
Lots og hugs from Aina

A home far away said...

Oh my, your cupboard is so beautiful! I have always wanted a cupboard like that...

Have a nice day

Hugs Gunilla in Singapore

A home far away said...

Hello again:-

We have lived in Singapore for 2 years, my husband works for a swedish company and they wanted to broadend their market, and we wanted to move:- a perfect combination.

I love our life here in Singapore, it´s so easy to live here, but I think some time in the future will move back to Sweden, but not in a couple of years!

Hugs Gunilla

LaurenFaythe said...

Hi-I just discovered your blog, and I am so glad I did. Your home is beautiful, and your words flow so eloquently.

Anonymous said...

Solange, wat een giga-leuke grote kast heb je !! Dat lijkt me nou geweldig; dat je alles mooi bij elkaar hebt in een kast ! De spulletjes die erin staan zijn ook helemaal top ! Kan me voorstellen dat je er blij mee bent.
Groetjes, Janneke.

Mary-Laure said...

Did you see the plates I posted on my blog recently?
Check them out

http://mary-laure.blogspot.com/2008/12/lets-stay-home-today.html

I like the inscription on the cupboard, it's amusing.

Rumour has it said...

Wat een ongelofelijk grote kast heb jij, prachtig! Die kasten zijn echt handig om alles mooi en netjes op te bergen. Maar zo netjes en geordend zoals het bij jou is, zo rommelig en ongeordend is het in mijn kasten! :)
Onze keuken moet nog helemaal verbouwd worden en omdat ik toch best veel serviesgoed en porselein heb, moest ik veel op elkaar stapelen om het kwijt te kunnen. Ik kijk uit naar de tijden dat het zo zal uit zien zoals bij jou!
Lieve groeten en ook voor jou een mooi weekend met veel zon,
Marjolijn

Mary-Laure said...

I gave you an award on my blog, check it out...

Hanna said...

Your home looks beautiful. I love that white cupboard with white things in it.

I have decided to write some things in English also in my new blog so welcome.

Have a great week!

Hanna