Finally it's Friday. It's been such a busy week after we returned from our trips. But today I am off and I intend to do a great deal, from laundry to a little coffee time for myself.
I have been thinking these days when I flip through the pages of my favourite magazines, how it's possible to keep your house so tidy and neat with kids, we've got a 3 year old, running around and playing everywhere. I am fine with that, I give importance to our house, our interior, but our house is there for us, to be lived in, in any way so that we all can enjoy ourselves. So, when I find myself a few hours alone, I fully enjoy a cleaned up house, with all the toys neatly put away :-) and a magazine to inspire myself for ways to make our house more balanced for the small and big ones living here.
I am especially inspired by Sanctuary and Marie of Blasse Vielfalt how they combine their love for interior and the kids all into one. I love their blogs.
Wish you all a great weekend and do take care!
Solange

8 comments:
Ohhh Solange you are sooo sooo sweet my hearts is jumping:).....
Yes you are right, sometimes I think the same. Where is the TV and dolby system, where are all the toys from the kids, where is the dirty laundry and and and..... everything is so perfect. And sometimes I´m sitting on my sofa thinking are that super Mamis and Dads? Without going to work just organizing their home?
An aunt of mine ( she pased away due of cancer years ago) worked as a decorator. She decorates the houses of people before a magazine shooting starts. And I tell you what, first they startet up to clean the house, and then they decorated the rooms by their self. They even brought their own decorating stuff.....
So sometimes I think everything is just a fake.... a lovely fake. I even think that when I look on different blogs, that can´t be real, how can they live so perfect....is this all a show?... and then i think," but who wants to see the dirty laundry or the dirty dishes?" That stresses me sometimes cause I also want it nice and clean but i´m not a perfect mom and i´m happy about that .....and to have a healthy family, and time for the kids is more more important:).... ahhh my english I hope you understand what I wanted to tell you!!!
i´m sending you a big hug and whish you a sweet weekend....*Marie*
P.S i have you linked to my favourites long time ago, but blogger didn´t show me you name:( maybe it is cause of the little sign you have written on your " about me" at blogger? i don´t know...
Ups that was a long comment:)!!! Sorry
Oooooh, thank you dear dear Solange! I am really flattered. And what a beautiful, serene post this is. I so know what you mean. The ideal images in magazines are momentary perfection, which I don't think anyone is able to actually keep up for very long! (Or maybe if you don't have kids and eat out every day). Believe me, you wouldn't want to see what my house looks like today - with no living room all the furniture is crammed into every other room. We even have two full-length dining tables to walk into right now, as I found a new old one and the previous one I haven't passed on to anyone yet. And photos can give a false sense of perfection because you don't see what's actually been framed outside of the picture :).
For now I wish you a lovely, happy weekend with your family!
S x
Beautiful images!
Ah yes Solange, I so know what you mean. Kids have so much stuff, and they seem to want to bring every piece of it out of the cupboards. Whenever my son is away, I go into cleaning and tidying mode, and everything looks perfect...until he returns! But we wouldn't have it any other way would we? Life with kids is messier, but more full of love too.
Beautiful, restful images!
I agree...beautiful pictures!
Camilla
Actually I like a little mess, it makes a place more alive, I think...
Love the blue and white stripes.. and the matelasse curtains in the next image!
Post a Comment