Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where does the time go?



Time is so precious and for me, it seems to fly these days...I have made over my little Ikea set of drawers with gorgeous Toile de Jouy, and I have added some fresh flowers, a touch of feminine warmth, can do a lot.
I don't like to overdo the busy patterns, but here and there a touch of something extravagant, can updo our spirits, in these cold, dark days.





The garden has gotten a white latern that burns a candle at night, so it feels cozy when we look out of the window. It's really the small things that have a big inpact on me lately.
I also found some glass stones on a little chandelier, which is for my son, but not to make it to girlish, I took them and now I have to find a new place for them, but they will fit somewhere :-)

I also love my 'country style' lamp, very washed out and charming. It's not easy to find lamps that fit in our interior.

Tomorrow starts a new week, hopefully it will bring new inspiration, joy and hapiness. I wish you all a great week girls.

S
olange xx

9 comments:

Sea Angels said...

Hello Solange oh your drawers have turned out fantastic I have been looking forward since last week to see this, I just like the shade of red toile as well.. beautiful.
Your lamp looks really homely on the tree, I also love the crystals, if I ever see them I buy them and add them even to my christmas presents, I hang them on the tags.
I hope you have a very creative week. I want one too ha! Please
Hugs Lynn xx

Mrs.French said...

turned out perfectly...bravo my dear...xo

Anonymous said...

Wow! Adoro la toile de Jouy! Complimenti!
saluti dall'Italia

Rumour has it said...

Een oogverblindend mooi resultaat voor je kastje!! Hoe heb je dat nou gemaakt? Heb je de stof gewoon op het kastje geplakt (lijkt me een erg nauwkeurig werk te zijn) of is het een andere techniek? Is het misschien Toile de Jouy-behangpapier?

Mary-Laure said...

Where indeed does it go????

I just adore the Toile de Jouy project, it's exquisite.

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Hi friend!

Again beautiful pictures that tells me about creativity and joy!
The drawers are fabulous! I need more of them too, to all my little bits and pieces. Can`t have enough storage right?
So how are things over there? Are you settled in yet? And do you feel comfortable in your new house?
I am shure you are looking forward, as I am, to celebrate Christmas in a new house. I have already started decorating a little bit :))

Have a restful Sunday Solange!
Hugs Aina

Elena Bruno said...

The last year, I used glass stones to decorate the christmas tree :-). Kisses

Annie Jeffries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Jeffries said...

Good evening Solange. I found you over at Sea Angel and have so enjoyed exploring your beautiful home. You have created such a simple and serene style that has to make all who live there or visit feel entirely relaxed.

Congratulations on winning your first drawing too. What an exciting moment for you.