Monday, November 10, 2008

Joy...


I find myself falling from one project into another. The more you start with the more you wan to change, work on and so on... I am getting further with my chair, which is quite a long process! The chair was in a bad state, my husband helped me with glueing the chair, he's stronger then me...The chair will be in my little study/crafts room and I have come to realize that it's become my experiment room.... ;-)









I have also added some glass beads to our chandelier, I think it really fits well. Then I had a makeover for our 30's cupboard. I added new decorations and touches here and there.





The month of November is moving fast, and I am already planning for the christmas decorations. It will be the first christmas in our new home, so I hope it will be very special.
Maybe some snow will fall? well, we'll see.


wish you girls all a nice week and lots of inspiration!

Solange

11 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh je stoel wordt mooi! Ik heb ook nog een paar oude stoelen staan die ik wil opknappen maar ik durf er eigenlijk niet aan te beginnen omdat ik dat binnenwerk met veren zo ingewikkeld vind. Doe je ook nog een een post met 'hoe ik het gedaan heb, foto's'? Daar zou ik heel erg blij mee zijn.
Je bent in ieder geval lekker bezig, ik moet ook maar weer eens een vuurtje onder mezelf aansteken, er liggen nog genoeg projecten op me te wachten.
Groetjes, M

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

These are so, so lovely! I really love what you did to the chair, what a transformation! Such a perfect tone of grey. I've suddenly delved into Christamassy thoughts, too, after all time before Christmas tends to go so fast that it best to make some move on!

vosgesparis said...

ik vind je lamp erg leuk, is dat er zo een van riverdale?

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Dear Solange,
I love the chair and its colour. Well done! Your chandelier with the glass beads is beautiful. I wish I had a similar one in my home.

Have a wonderful week, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Anonymous said...

Lieve lieverd,
Wat een prachtige opnames! Ik weet niet waar ik moet beginnen.
De stoeltjes zijn prachtig en ook voor al die andere schitterende opnames heb ik geen woorden.De lamp de huiskamer de mooie plaids enz. Laat ik niet beginnen met het mooie kistje wat je gemaakt hebt! Je bent echt een kunstenares!
Ga zo door mijn dochter,
Liefs mama xx

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Het ziet er prachtig uit Solange! Vind de stoel nú al supermooi en die glazen hangers passen perfect an de kroonluchter. Wat een heerlijk sfeertje!
Fijne week!
XX Chantal

Mrs.French said...

that's it dear, when you are done with all of your projects I need you to come help me with my home...please...xo t

Sea Angels said...

I am speechless!!!! Totally fantastic, and I just adore the colours you have used, the chair looks soooo expensive, elegant and covertable . It is a real talent to be able to see what is hidden , I am really pleased for you, and can't wait to see more....I,m completley hooked...ha ha
Keep crafting
Love lynn xx

Katja - Bag End said...

That chair surely looks like a big project, but I am sure the end result will be fabulous :-) I wish I was able to do similar things.

Yes, Christmas is slowly creeping into my mind too :-)

Groetjes,
Katja

Unknown said...

Lieve Solange,
Eindelijk weer eens even op je Blog gekeken. Wat erg om even geen internet te hebben. Gelukkig woon ik nu zo dichtbij jullie, dat ik de "ARTIST" vaak aan het werk kan zien :-) :-)
Jullie huis is zo gezellig......
XX Ro

Rumour has it said...

Prachtig stoeltje is dat!! De vormen ervan zijn supermooi en de make-over is echt wel geslaagd. Het zitvlak lijkt me best een moeilijk karweitje te zijn met die veren en het stofferen ervan. We blijven je avonturen volgen! :)
Groetjes en een ontspannen weekend toegewenst, Marjolijn

ps. mooie hommage van je moeder hierboven!