Monday, November 24, 2008

a bit of everything





I have been busy with a bit of everything. Did some work on my chair (more on that in a later post) and I found a pair of gorgeous nightstand lamps, not white, but a dark blue and cream foot. I think it goes very well, with our white nightstands and light colours in the bedroom.

I also found these nice small christmas decoration stars, don't you love them? I still need to think of a place for them.



Then I put some nice plants in pots, to keep our windowsill cheerful! We had a white blanket of snow on Sunday, but now everything has gone and we are left with rain and puddles everywhere.


Then today I have made a very special discovery in an old book store, I am very exited, since I love old antique books, I will share the pictures and story with you later on. For now, I wish you all a nice week and lots of tea and cozy hours...

Solange

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leuk he om zo kleine dingetjes in je huis te veranderen enzo. De sterren zijn echt heel mooi.
In je vorige post zag ik dat je een stoel aan het bekleden bent, tjonge dat vind ik knap dat je daar aan durft te beginnen ! Heb zelf ook nog een oude stoel...daar staar ik al 2 jaar tegenaan moet het toch echt eens gaan proberen :0
Groetjes, Janneke.

Anonymous said...

Ooh what great finds! I love the grey of the plant pots. Can't wait to see your books.

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Lovely things, seems like you've quickly been making your house home! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your book find, old books are so special.

Mrs.French said...

I want an in depth tour of your whole house...your photographs are always so lovely. xo

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Dear Solange,
the stars are really lovely. Have you found a nice place for them? I´m sure! I can´t wait to see your new old books and read the story.

Have a nice evening, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Anonymous said...

Hi I have just found your lovely site and have enjoyed reading and looking through your archives. I live in an old Victorian home in Australia, but it has similar touches to your home. I also have the Ikea box sitting on my desk - I would love to cover it - do you have any directions on how to do this?

My daughters and I are setting up our home for a warm Australian Christmas. We have just decorated our Christmas tree - our theme this year is beautiful butterflies mixed with shell hearts and silverly stars - very summery. So different from the wonderful snowy white Christmas we dream of.

Best wishes,

Olivia