Tuesday, November 18, 2008

remember my chair...?

Well, I have been working on my chair, and it was not easy!! I hit on my thumb (ouch!) but I must admit, that seeing the chair looking nice and better, made me want to continue this work. I love the way things become if you make them with love...

So, here are a few pics from the process....












Now, I still have to find a beautiful fabric to cover the last layer. I'm thinking something like a cream white, with a ribbon, no nails. But I am not done yet... I still have to correct things here and there...
have a good week girls, and take care.

Solange xx!

11 comments:

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Dear Solange,
your new/old chair looks so beautiful and elegant. The colours are great. Very well done! I´m a bit jealous ;-) and I wish I had such a nice chair in my home.

Have a nice evening and a wonderful week, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

*Marie* said...

hi Solange,
Wow!!! did you learned or read somewhere how to renovate old furniture?! Your chair looks sooo nice, even if it´s not finished. Isn´t it beautiful to give something a new life by renovating it? It´s a great feeling to know " I did that" !!! I hope you have a great "before christmas time" without any stress!! OK.... who has no stress at this time:) but lets hope that you have a bit fun and relaxing hours in this stressy time:)....
I wish you all the best and I can´t wait to see the finished dream-chair!!! ..hugs *Marie*

Mrs.French said...

you are way too talented...this whole process scares the heck out of me...can't wait to see it when you are finished! xo t

Hanna said...

Your chair looks great and so does your floor.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the end result - it's looking good so far Solange. I also hope to see some pictures of your 2 new lamps for your nightstands soon!
Catherine xx

Reginas Cottage said...

Hi Solange
Your chair looks so nice.You are a very talented women.I can't wait
the finished chair.
I wish you a wonderful weekend!!!
hugs,Regina

Sandra Evertson said...

Wow, amazing so far! I think it looks lovely just like that!
Sandra Evertson

Mary-Laure said...

I am speechless with admiration... You did such an AMAZING job!

MODERN COUNTRY said...

This is great! I love to see the hole process, how it is made and what a few changes can make.
How did you know what to do? Did you follow instructions from a book? It doesn`t sound easy at all. I am so looking forward to see what kind of fabric you will choose.

Good luck!!
Friendly hug,
Aina

Sea Angels said...

Hi Solange....have you been trained?? your chair looks so professional, it's gorgeous already and its not even finished.
Well done....I want one now ha ha
Hugs Lynn xxx

Mom of 2 Roses said...

I have chairs like that need to be redone and I wasn't sure how to do it. Thanks for showing me what's under my chair. I'm still nervous but I will give it a shot. Do you have a picture of it finished?
I love your blog by the way. I just found it today.
Thanks,
Laurie