Friday, November 14, 2008

stormy weather, warm inside...



When the rain is falling outside and it seems that it gets darker and greyer each day, I am enjoying my home and decorations. I make an extra effort of making it cozy, with food, magazines and my projects.





I have tied my candles, which were in our garage, with a rope together, and voila! a unique decoration for our cupboard. So, I did the same with my husband's old antique books, very charming. This month is great for buying magazines, as they are all filled with december ideas and crafts, a feast for us intior girls...


Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend,

Do take care, Solange!

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Ja het is zeker weer om lekker binnen te blijven. En met al die prachtige tijdschriften en een lekker potje thee heb je dan precies een perfecte herfstdag.
Veel plezier met het fluffen van de huis!
Groetjes,M

Anonymous said...

Love the antique books bound together with string - beautiful!
Thank you for visiting my blog the other day too.

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Dear Solange,

I love you old chair!! What a difference it makes just with a lick of paint. Grey fits the chair perfectly. And you are so good making beautiful changes. I mean, wow! The chandelier!! And your antique books, Wish I had one of those :) Small details makes the homes doesn`t it?

Here it is warmer, 8 degrees now, but it is changing fast. One day below zero and then a bit warmer again. But is do wish we get a white christmas :))

Take good care!
Friendly hug
Aina

Phillippa said...

As i get older i love the rainy weather more, wrapping up warm and getting muddy on long walks in the forest, but it definitely lovely to come home to a warm soup in the kitchen! Everything is looking so pretty in your house!

vosgesparis said...

ja lekker toch .. een beetje warmte in huis brengen met kaarzen , lekker eten en gezelligheid ;)

Mary-Laure said...

The old books look fabulous, so mysterious and precious.
Keep warm in your wonderful little nest...

Sea Angels said...

I love that, dark and rainy, I light candles and play soft music, so beautiful. Your books evoke rainy afternoons curled up, they are lovely. This is also one of my favorite magazines, lots of lovely recipes.
Have fun
Hugs Lynn xx