Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's all in the details




Yes, I promised you about my new treasures, my antique books. I found them in a bookstore, lowest shelf from the furthest cupboard. I love history and especially 18th & 19th century, paintings, photographs, customs and art, the dresscodes, it all inspires me and makes me think of times long gone...



I also found a warm, beautiful green bedspread. I have got a white one at the moment, but I thought the green with white and beige on my wall, would make a wonderful contrast. It's not even christmas yet, and already I have been buying things here and there...it's hard not to with all these great finds around!




Here, days are busy, and yesterday I put the christmas tree up. I wanted to enjoy it long this year. I love the coziness it brings in the house. I hope you are all enjoying yourselves and wish you a nice weekend!
Solange xx!

9 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

I find the 18th century very inspiring, an age of intellect really.

Show us your X-mas tree please, I'm sure it's lovely!

*Marie* said...

Hi Solange,
I hope you have a great time with decorating and looking for sweet X-Mas presents. I love this time of the year?! Wow you have decorated your christmas tree... can´t wait to see him:) I guess he looks very very pretty! What colours do you prefer this year?
The huge plaid is wonderful, the colour is amazing looks very, very elegant :)...... and the old books are a real treasure!!! I also love old books every time when I´m holding one in my hands I´m thinking how many people have looked in it and who were they, how did they live and and and..... Old books have their own little story and that´s what I love:).....I whish you a cozy cozy 1. Advent take care...*Marie*

Anonymous said...

Hi Solange

Firstly, let me say thank you for the kind and generous words you left on my blog. It gave me a smile!
Now on to your latest treasures - those books are simply divine. The books themselves, bound in leather, are works of art even before you open them!
And I love your new green bedspread - a lovely, muted olive green - it looks restful and elegant and I love the texture of it.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Catherine xx

Anonymous said...

Hai Lans!

ik hoorde van mama dat je die mooie boeken had gevonden! ze zijn nog mooier dan ik dacht!!!!XD
Het sprei is ook super mooi!
het ziet er allemaal weer prachtig uit zoals gewoonlijk!!!
fijn weekend!

kus Faab!

Anja said...

Heb jij de kerstboom al? Ik moet er nog niet aan denken hoor. Maar straks, die foto's, is dan toch wel weer leuk. Nu nog eerst aan de suprises!

Gabbi said...

What lovely books Solange, I'm a fan of old books also...whenever I find one that I love I try to imagine where it's been, the journey it went on to arrive in my hot little hands :)

Anonymous said...

Wat een mooie boeken heb je gevonden, prachtige al die oude afbeeldingen bekijken en erbij weg dromen..... trouwens onder je nieuwe sprei zul je ook wel lekker wegdromen :) Hij past perfect bij je nieuwe muur !
Fijn weekend, Janneke.

I. said...

Wat een mooie sprei! Heel warm van kleur en die reliëftekening vind ik ook erg mooi.
Fijne week!

Rumour has it said...

Die kleur en de bedsprei zelf... ik ben er helemaal weg van!! Wat een prachtstuk! Voor diezelfde grijsgroene kleur zou ik ook echt wel gevallen zijn, ik vind het prachtig! en bij wit staat het geweldig inderdaad.
Een leuke verzameling oude boeken heb je daar, mooi ook als decoratie.
Fijne 2e Advent-zondag en groetjes, Marjolijn