Monday, May 11, 2009

another book on it's way....


So little time, but another book is on it's way to me. This time I will read the 'Memoirs of Madame Vigée Le Brun (1755-1842) the most famous female painter of her time, also the court painter of Marie Antoinette.

I seem to fall from one historical biography to another, I am just captured by Elisabeth Vigée Le Brun's work, I have shared here, her self portaits throughout her life. I also noticed that interior is linked to art, and art to music and writing and all these things inspire me, sometimes a look into the past can make us feel like we have been able to travel into time....
I will keep you updated, in the meantime, enjoy the beautiful art and this week girls!


4 comments:

Rumour has it said...

Prachtige prenten zijn dit! Mooie, diepe kleuren! Mijn man is helemaal gek op kunstboeken, terwijl ik zelf altijd meer voor het interieur-stuff ga :)
Veel plezier met je toekomstige nieuwe boek!

Bleudelavande said...

Such lovely post you made!!!I love that female painter but I don't read that book!!! I'll try to find it!!! Tank you for sharing it !!!
Tank you for visiting and leaving your comment... I'm so happy to receive it!See you again and have a nice day

Mary-Laure said...

I love reading about pioneering women, so thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

Leuk hè om zo in het leven van iemand te duiken die helemaal in een andere tijd leefde ! Veel plezier bij het lezen van het boek !
Fijne week nog, Janneke.