Sunday, March 22, 2009

Springcleaning



Yes, it was time for springcleaning this weekend.... we did so many things. I must admit that we have a cleaning lady who comes once a week for 4 hours to clean, but this weekend, we did all the other things, like organizing your books, clothes, we threw away what we didn't need anymore, we build a cupboard and we oiled our oak floor....what a job....
We cleaned carpets, ordered toys, and more. The picture of the cupboard is in my hobbyroom, it was such a mess, with things laying everywhere, that I just realised I needed a place to store my things. There were pieces of fabric, canvasses for painting, books and a sewing machine... I guess this must sound very familiar to you.
Now, I can relax and sit back. I am very happy with the result, a clean house gives you a clean head and more calmth.



I also added a picture, of the spring roses, the honey and cake which are really enjoyable after a weekend full of chores. I do hope you all enjoy the beginning of spring. It really is my favourite time of the year.



Enjoy your week girls!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We feell really better after a springleaning. I really like your cupboard and these yellow roses are so nice.
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

I know I always feel so satisfied after I've had a big cleanout.
I love your cupboard! I am searching high and low for a piece exactly like this! No luck yet, but I'm not giving up until I find it!

vosgesparis said...

T zat dit afgelopen weekend echt in de lucht.... ik heb ook van alles gedaan io, inclusief e tuin, jammer dat t nu weer herfst lijkt , maar goed alsssss het voorjaar besluit te blijven , zijn we er iig klaar voor ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi - I have been reading your site for the last few months and really enjoy hearing about your adventures and seeing pictures of your lovely home. I am writing from Melbourne, Australia - the other side of the world! I have an old Victorian home, which we have renovated in a very similar style to your home! Please continue with your wonderful writing! Best wishes - Olivia

Arnaud said...

thanks Ollivia,

that's really nice.
I have been to Australia once, but not to Melbourne.
How, lovely to have a Victorian home, you must enjoy it a lot. Wish you a nice day.

Solange

Lauren said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment!!! Am glad to have ofund your blog too!! I love the farrow & ball color you used- just beautiful!!!
xoxo,
lauren

Mary-Laure said...

There's nothing like spring cleaning, letting that balmy spring air in...
Your cake looks delicious, what is it?

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

The feeling after a good clean-out is so great; not that I have experienced this lately :)