Tuesday, March 3, 2009

kitchen corner



I have been working on the kitchen corner. There was an empty wall, which looked a little sad, so I painted 2 Ikea shelves and my sweet husband fixed them for me. I have decorated it with little things and some candlelight for a cosy corner effect. Yes, I think I did well, and it makes it stand out a bit.
I admit that lately I have been busy and lacking inspiration, I just thought about stopping my blog, but on the other hand, I do enjoy visiting you all and sharing my little projects with this amazing blog community. I guess it's normal to once in a while loose your inspiration, I have been reading a lot and watching period movies, oh, I do so enjoy that!

I have noticed that there are tulips comming up all over my garden, I guess the previous owners planted them everywhere....it looks cheerful and nice, just what I need these days.

wish you all a wonderful rest of the week,
Solange

8 comments:

Windlost said...

Your newly painted shelves look wonderful!

Yes, I lose my inspiration sometimes, particularly when I am not doing much decorating around the house. But it always comes back!

If you ever feel like you need a break, we will be here when you return. Sometimes one must recharge.
xo Terri

Anonymous said...

Solange what a gorgeous little corner. You add a little magic to everything you do!
I agree with Terri's sentiments - if you need a break, we'll be here when you return (but I would miss you!).

andrella said...

Great!!!!
♥Andrella♥

vosgesparis said...

tulips... bij mij niet meer dan een enkel bosje sneeuwklokjes, maar wel een teken dat het voorjaar eraan komt. Je witte keuken muur foto's lijken wel van een scandinavisch blog trouwens ;)

*Marie* said...

Huhu Solange,
I have a little surprise on my blog for you:).....

Oh I can feel with you!!!! I had that deep after Christmas. The decorating and crafting was over and I had nothing to post..... I have so much to do in the house, with the kids and and and but nothing good to post.... Maybe it´s cause I don´t like the wintertime between January and April...I love the spring and the autumn!!! Sommer is Ok, but please not tooo hot!!! So I guess it´s getting better if the weather gets warmer!!! I insteandly want to open all my windows to get a warm breeze ..... Mr. Spring where are you:).... sending you a sweet hug...*Marie*

P.s take your time!!! and like Terri said we are here when you return:)

Mary-Laure said...

I hope you'll show us the tulips in the garden.

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Oh Solange, I get those feelings now and then. For our sakes I hope you continue :) But sometimes one just needs to take it slower until inspiration dawns again. At the moment I'm irritated by the lack of time :( Such lovely pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hoi Solange,
Heerlijk he als je weer (plank) ruinte erbij krijgt om te gaan decoreren !!! Ik vind planken aan de muur in een keuken sowieso "knussig" staan.
Groetjes, Janneke.