It's been a while since my last post, but I have been quite busy and couldn't find a moment to blog. For today I have got some historical treasures to share.
Yesterday my books and silver plated tiny creampot arrived from France. A book about Marie Antoinette, then a stunning double book, about the clothing samples of the dresses of the Queen, dated 1782. I love to read and see the images from that era, it's amazing to learn about the habits and culture.
The little silvercoated box is an exact replica, from the travel box of the Queen.
This afternoon, I will go out and enjoy a tea. The weather is not too bad and I need some fresh air. Let me wish you all a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Valentine's day if you celebrate it. Myself, I will make a nice dinner and make it special, but we don't really celebrate it big.
Do take care,
Solange

9 comments:
Je zou zeker wel graag naar de tentoonstelling van Marie A zijn gegaan in Frankrijk, heel wat Franse bloggers zijn daar geweest en t moet geweldig leuk zijn geweest. Het Italiaans op mijn blog schrijf ik inderdaad zelf, het is zo'n beetje mijn tweede taal ;)
Dear Solange,
I really enjoyed our afternoon together...all the nice shops, the beautiful curtains, the paint...if only we could buy everything :-D
XX Ro
OMG OMG!!!
I love the silverplated MA jar!!!! today i got my 'london ritz book of afternoon tea' by mail! its lovely! i'll show to you the moment your here!!! You promised to send me the museum shop link remember!!! ;-)
take care dearest, see you soon!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Faab!
half Italiaans, net als mijn kinderen dus ;)dat had ik niet achter je gezocht en waarom weet ik ook niet haha, je bent voor mij een beetje de onbekende blogger want de meeste nederlandse bloggers ken ik van het picassa gebeuren/forum waar je wel over gehoord hebt waarschijnlijk maar jij doet daar volgens mij niet aan of ik heb enorm zitten slapen haha
Leuk dat je naar die tentoonstelling geweest bent en dus precies snapt waar ik het over had. Fijn weekend nog.
Hello Solange! These are treasures!
Your home is looking very nice. I can't wait to see the table in your dining area. I also love the color palette in the bedroom. How I wish I could do more pale colors in my home!
Have a great Valentines Day with your family. Talk to you soon!
I just love that tiny little silver box - so beautiful.
Love Marie-Antoinette too. Lovely shots !
lilidebretagne
I love your new things Solange! Happy Valentine's to you also!! xo Terri
Tjonge ik was helemaal niet zo into Marie-Antoinette totdat ik de blogwereld ontdekte. Daar is ze een grote hit. Ik zag vandaag dat Somerset in mei zelfs een heel nummer gaat wijden aan Marie.
Jouw spulletjes zijn in ieder geval ook erg mooi. En leuk dat die doos een precieze replica is, maakt het wel heel tastbaar allemaal.
Post a Comment