Tuesday, April 8, 2008

a make over

My lamp before and after....






I finally managed to clean my lamp which has been standing on my shelf for nearly 3 years without me polishing it. It was quite hard to get all the corners and little parts clean, but finally you can see the result!


We've also worked in the garden a lot these days and now there is more colour and more atmosphere. I am not really good in the garden, but I do my best to make it cosy. I especially love the green plants in pots and baskets, it gives a real country style feeling.
At the moment, I am thinking of changing another lamp I have. I find lamps very hard to find and choose, I don't know why, but maybe because it has to fit with the interior, but also give a good light and well, it's complicated...




Today it was another sunny day, how lucky I felt, when the sun was out and the world looks so different. Spring is definitely something I've been waiting for, and even though it's not very warm yet, it's sunnier and lighter outside.

I wish you a all a very nice week and do take care my friends,

Solange

12 comments:

Rumour has it said...

Je lamp schittert nu wel in al zijn glorie! Ik had eerst begrepen dat je die lamp wilde gaan verven of zo, maar dit resultaat mag er zijn. Nu ziet hij eigenlijk nog mooier uit! En het tuinplaatje met die buxussen geeft me zin om ook wat meer van die planten op ons terras te zetten. Groetjes

Hanna said...

I thought that the lamp looked great before but I must say that it looks even better after :)

Looks lovely in your garden, hope it gets warmer here as well.

Marianne said...

Wow, we kunnen ons bijna spiegelen in die lamp. Knap gedaan. Ja lekker he, dat warmere weer, de tuin schreeuwt bij mij ook om wat aandacht. Helaas voorlopig geen tijd, maar dan ga ik er ook weer stevig tegen aan.

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Hi Solange,

the lamp is very nice and looks so great after the make over.

Is it an old one?

Have a nice evening, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Anonymous said...

Hi Love!!

oh this so lovely!! its the first time i comment on your blog!
I have to say its gorgeous and its so very much like my darling sister!! ;-)

your lamp looks gorgeous! finaly!
hope to see you soon again!

btw, i love the jane austen quiz!
i'm marianne!! :-D hahah

love you!
xxx Faab!

Lilla Blanka said...

Hello!

Oh wow..the lamp is so beautiful!

Hug
Mia

My lovely cottage said...

Heb jij ook zo heerlijk genoten van het prachtige lenteweer? Lekker buiten. Hopen dat het mooie weer nog even aanhoudt, er moet nog veel gebeuren in mijn tuin, en tja ik ben zo'n echte mooi weer tuinierster. Fijne dagen, groetjes, yvonne

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Wow! What a wonderful looking lamp! You are so right, it is indeed very hard to find a lamp that fits perfect with the decor and interior. I do have the same problem. However I am getting better. There is a shop here in Nederland that sells a huge amout of beautiful lamps that fits with the country style and that is "de Koektrommel". I have made a few plans to buy a couple of new lamps and the lady told me that they have more than 800 choices!! You will find the website here : http://www.koektrommel.nl/

I also love the decorations with the baskets and the plants in your garden, very pretty! Love baskets myself. I told in my latest post that I am going to look for a big old basket for my laundry. Maybe I should write a few words about it.

Do enjoy your weekend Solange, hug to your my friend!
Aina x

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Okey, Now I have made a little note for you also :))

Hug from me!

Anonymous said...

The lamp is even more beautiful now that... it was before, and I'm sure you feel like you have bought a new one!
Have a nice week-end. Anne

vosgesparis said...

hey Solange, ik was hier een hele tijd geleden en op de een of andere manier was ik de klink kwijt , nu heb ik m weer gevonden. gewoon in mijn bookmarks ipv op de blog links die ik nu steeds gebruik.. dus als je t goed vind zet ik je nu bij mijn links! Ik vind je blog heel mooi en kan me helemaal vinden in je teksten en t gezellig maken van je huis ;)
tot snel weer.

atelierlemlem said...

Tsonge! Dat was een karwei! Is het een zilveren lamp?? Het is heerlijk om zo'n klus te klaren. Veel plezier er mee, je zult er nu nog meer van genieten..