We had a wonderful break in Paris, 4 days of shopping, museums and really a lot of nice food... My favourite part was our trip to Versailles, not so much the Palace, but the beautiful gardens and of course, the domain of Marie-Antoinette. It was so calm and peaceful in the gardens and I just wished we could have stayed a little longer.
The strange thing is, that for once I did some shopping for myself! I usually buy lots things for the house and I only go to interior shops, but this time I bought myself a party dress, a pair of shoes, and accessories. It was so nice to just get some things, and take the time to look for clothes.
We ate macaroons at Ladurée and we walked till our feet hurt. It was really very enjoyable. My husband and I were happy to return home to our little boy, who we missed after 2 days, but I can tell you that some days away in two, really is good for a couple once in awhile!
I will soon be back, but I have to first order my home a bit, the luggages are emptied and I started my work again today, which is always a bit hard after having been away, but well, I am full of energy again, and if we ever get tired, bored or need some inspiration, then we'll always have Paris...
take care girls and enjoy your week, wherever you are.
Solange

16 comments:
Ooooh, your trip to Paris sounds perfect, the pictures are really beautiful!
Can I come with you next time....I will be really well behaved.......not only are your photographs stunning can't stop looking at them....you have been to some wonderful places, and those merangues sound, tooooo good to eat.
It is nice to go home though I know just what you mean.
Hugs Lynn xx
I just love your blog! I'll put a link on my blog to yours and hope it's ok with you. If otherwise, please let me know. Hugs, Mia
Hi, Solange!!!
Good to have you back here!!! The pictures are a dream!!! I thank you for your birthday wishes:))) i´m writing more when my family is gone. Have a great week...*Marie*
ahh Paris... I should go back there again. I love the pictures you are showing ;) Are the first two from versailles aswell, I've been to Paris several times but never to versailles. Maybe this year ...
Hi Solange,
the pictures from your wonderful weekend are so beautiful. Thank you. Nice to read you again.
Have a wonderful week, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de
It looked like you had a wonderful time!!
Hi Solange
I like your photos they are a dream.
And it's fantastic,that you had a pretty time in Paris.
Hugs Regina
Paris!!! How I would love to go there again! Lucky you!!!
XX Ro
Klinkt perfect Solange! Wat een heerlijke dagen heb je gehad. En de foto's zijn prachtig, zeker die laatste, wat een view!!
Heerlijk nagenieten nu!
Groetjes, Chantal
Lovely pictures! Versailles is such a special place.
Hoi Solange, wat ben jij een bofferd dat je zo even tussen de bedrijven door naar Parijs mag!! :D
Geweldige stad is het toch, hè. Je hebt wellicht maanden nodig om alles tot in de details daar te ontdekken. Prachtige woning is dat op de eerste foto's; is dat in Versailles? Ik ken het Château en de tuinen ginds, maar dit huis kan ik me niet zo herinneren. Vrienden van ons wonen in Versailles en vanaf hun derde verdieping heb je een geweldig uitzicht richting Château. Hartelijke groet, Marjolijn
I LOVE PARIS!!! It is gorgeous. I do hope you will post what you purchased. Let us travel through you :)!
What I love about Europe is how it's not to far away to visit such amazing countries such as France,my cousins who live in Holland often spend there holidays in Italy or will casually mention a trip to Spain for a change of location, in Australia a trip like that only comes every few years if your lucky, Thankfully I get to go this year but it will be my first trip to France (and I'm 41) and I cant wait,i just love your blog,
Have a great week-end
Judy :)
Hi Solange!
And welcome home! I really wish I could have gone with you, it sounds like you had a really lovely time in France. It seems like everyone is dreaming of the French life these days, and I wonder why? Maybe we we miss a few good and real ingredients?
I shure miss a lot here In the Netherlands. I think a lot of the people are "geeting lived", instead of living the true life. If you know what I mean. They miss out a lot. What`s really important in life. Maybe the French people has found the true life`s recipe?
I enjoy looking at the pictures, dreaming about how it is there. Specially the French country side is very appealing. Rustic old Farmhouses are so beautiful!!
I wonder how your clothes that you bought looked like, I guess they look very Chic!
I wish you a few wonderful days, do enjoy the sun my friend!!
Kiss Aina :)
That sounds absolutely wonderful, Solange! A perfect trip, no doubt! And it was great to hear that you bought a little something for yourself as well :-)
Have a lovely weekend!
Post a Comment