Last week, I was driving on a highway, when I remembered having read about a little farm in the middle of nowhere, full of antique china and cutlery, linens and table accesories, which the owners buy from France, Germany and Belgium. I had never been there, but let me tell you, it was a pleasant suprise...
I found 6 old hotel silver ice cream bowls, which look great in my cupboard and an old plate, a bowl and 6 19th century champagne glasses, very delicate and light.
I do use these items of course, since I don't want to run a museum at home, but they just make my table a whole lot more interesting and nicer looking!
I am so happy with my treasures, that I told myself that I would return again some day.
Sometimes it's good to just go somewhere, without planning too much, to be suprised at what you can find.
have a lovely week girls,
Solange

7 comments:
Solange you fill your home with the most beautiful things - it is such a pleasure to visit your blog and see what you've come up with next. Thank you!
So lovely indeed, as the previous person said, your home is filled with the most amazing things!!
Hugs Gunilla in Singapore
You're lucky to have easy access to such treasures! Have a great weekend!
Thanks for your nice coments. I loved your blog.I will be back.
Hi Solange, Yes, I think that is the best kind of exploring. Just go without a lot of expectation and be surprised by joy. Your treasures are lovely. Thank you for stopping by to see me.
Hugs, June
nou kom maar op met die getalenterde broer van je, je maakt me nieuwsgierig ;)
Hi Solange!
I hope everything is well with you! And I am sure you spend most of the days now outdoor :) And so do we. We are so grateful to enjoy sunny, bright and green days. It is a huge contrast to the long, dark and cold winter. No wonder that we are all so happy these days :))
How is it in The Netherlands? My man just came how after spending 10 days there. And he said it was already summer. Well almost :)
No wonder that you are happy about your treasures, they are so pretty!! You do collect such special things. And they fit perfect in your home.
Have a great new day!
Hugs, Aina
Post a Comment