Friday, October 10, 2008

new ideas and projects



Today has been a very fruitful and sunny day so far. I have bought 2 wondeful new lamps and this morning, when actually not looking for anything in particular and trying not to spend too much again, I found this exquisite Toile de Jouy material which just called my attention... Yes, I bought a bit of it and will think of a nice project to make something out of it. I already have some ideas...


As you can see on the pictures, our new kitchen finally got the little mozaic tiles which are so beautiful!! It gives our kitchen so much charm. On the photo they look yellowish, but in reality they are white, cream mixed.




Then my new desk arrived, I have been looking for quite a while to have my own little place where I can sew, paint, and just do my crafts. In my work I don't get to be so creative, so I need to compensate at home!
The desk is made of raw teak, but am doubting if I should give it a patina look? What do you think? I am open for ideas, maybe I should just leave it like this, mmm...not easy.

It feels so warm again here, the sun is out and my wintercoat can go back in the cupboard. Strange how things can change so quickly.

I am at the moment painting an old lamp, so I will keep you updated on all the changes. I wish you all a wondeful weekend girls and do enjoy your homes and yourselves!

Solange

5 comments:

Rumour has it said...

Die tegeltjes zijn inderdaad prachtig en hebben een mooie matte uitstraling; het is toch getrommeld marmer of niet? Ik zou niet al te vlug dat mooie bureautje schilderen, want teakhout is toch best kostbaar en misschien ben je er naderhand niet meer tevreden over. Gewoon even afwachten hoe het in je interieur past en dan kun je het later altijd nog een kleur geven.
Je Toile de Jouy-stof is super; ik heb kussenslopen met zo´n zelfde rode motief.
Fijne zondag voor jullie!

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Dear Solange, your house look so very beautiful! Your livingroom is just divine, with a relaxed country feeling to it. And warm gentle colours make it so inviting. You are doing a very good job! The kicthen tiles are very special, and your desk it fantastic. I would have given it a lick of paint, but that is just a matter of taste. Maybe you could wait and see how it will fit in with your other decorations?

Have a wonderful Sunday Solange!

Hem och Lycka said...

I just LOVE your mozaic in your kitchen, such a beautiful colour.. And the desk is very nice! hugs, Mia

Mrs.French said...

love the additions to your home....I would keep the desk just as it is...however, I am sure it will be perfect no matter what you decide!

Mary-Laure said...

I am a huge fan of Toile de Jouy; my mum has some table cloths made with it and they are so enchanting!