Days are filled with plans, lists and projects. I have been busy lately with quite many things, which are all have to do with our new home of course. I was seriously wondering if this passion for my home has gone from healthy to unhealthy...? I go to bed with my magazines and books and I get up with them! But one can I do, it's all so inspiring and great.
I found an old antique shop which was closing and had reduced their last pieces of furniture to very cheap prices, before they were sent off to an auction. I got a late 19th century commode, and it's NOT WHITE.... so I first thought, no, it's nothing for me since I love white, but then I realised that I like the idea of breaking my interior, in which everything is white, with a classic piece, too white is too white, I thought.
I managed to find 3 old chairs in this same antique store, which I will recover with a light tissue and most probably white wash the wooden frame. I hope they will look nice, and of course I keep you all posted ;-)
Because I have got all these plans, I bought a book called 'Verf technieken' in which they explain how to create many styles with paint, very useful.
Then there is the Ikea little storage box which I am planning to cover so I can store my little tools in there and useful things while I do my crafts. So many ideas, so little time... The fabric you see, is for our curtains, I love white and beige/grey, so it's a good combination.
Then I wanted to share with you the wallcolour I chose for our livingroom, from Farrow and Ball. Do you like it? I think it gives our livingroom a bit more spunk.
well, I do wish you all a very nice week and cover up well, for this autumn wind!!

5 comments:
Die stoffen zien er alvast heel mooi uit; is het trouwens linnen of lijkt dat zo? Welke kleur van F&B zit er hier op jullie muur? Is het een lichtgrijs dat jullie gekozen hebben? Ik vind het wel tof om wat contrast te hebben bij veel wit en zo´n ongeschilderd kastje past toch prima in een wit huis! Ik zou zelf waarschijnlijk ook wel twijfelen bij een mooi antiek stuk. Ik ben benieuwd naar het eindresultaat van de stoelen! Groetjes
Dear Solange,
the fabrics are beautiful and I really like the wall colour in your living room. I love grey too. It is such an elegant colour.
The commode is a nice contrast and gives your home something special. I like it.
Have a nice (and busy :-)) week, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de
Congratulations on all the great finds!! As much as I love white, I could not live in a home where absolutely everything was white, I think it definitely adds interest when you have some contrast thrown in. The wall colour is perfect, really soft, subtle and elegant! You keep at it girl :)
I just adore your taste and thoroughly enjoy your posts...xxoo
Dear Solange
Your fabric looks wonderful and I love your wall colour in your living
room.
But your new kommode is amazing and give a warm atmosphere in your home,
I like it very!!!
Have a nice evening, Regina
Post a Comment