Saturday, September 6, 2008

small changes





Another few days have passed and so much has happened. We were a full week in France, for family and a wedding to attend. Then we were back in our home and realized there was still so much work to do. But slowly things are taking shape and we are well on our way.
I have bought some lovely flowers this week, received a jar full of cookies (beautiful to look at, yummy to eat!) and a few magazines here and there make me feel quickly at home. Its strange how different your own things look in a new home, they are the same things yet they look so different, better, for that matter.




This week I will go back to work again, but my home will still be my project for quite some time, I have got countless ideas, from lamps to colours, new curtains, corners to decorate, well, a long list...

I wish everybody a wonderful weekend, and sorry for not passing by so much, it's been a bit busy!!

take care,

Solange xx!

9 comments:

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Hi dear Solange!

Nice to hear about your comforting thoughts! About settling down, finding your way in your new home. It is quite strange that your things seems to change value, shape or giving you a hole another feeling. I know exactly what you mean. I lived for years in a modern shaped home, my old lovely things never fitted in. In this home, from the 1920`s every single iteam has a holde another charme.
It is like discover them all over again!

Beautiful pictures, you have an eye for pretty details!

Enjoy a wonderful Weekend!

Sea Angels said...

Hello Solange, I do love the colours of Autumn just as you have captured them in your flowers, I rather envy your clear and new palette to paint on, it seems to me very exciting. Thankyou for your comments..I must say I tend to store items, that are no longer my favorites then I usually donate them, or if the love is still there, I pack them away, I love finding packed away boxes years later, thats when I truly decide if I still want them...ha ha
Sorry you are back to work...me to on Monday...never mind
Hugs Lynn xx

Anja said...

Dus je zit al in je nieuwe huisje? Fijn hoor, alleen al die dozen hè?! Hier staan ze ook nog 1,5 jr na dato, maar dat heeft natuurlijk ook met de verbouwing te maken.

Wat ik even zo snel heb gezien (ik ben net weer terug van vakantie, ga alle favo-blogjes even af) ziet er al heel goed uit. Veel foto's voor ons maken hè...!

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Dear Solange,
thank you for your message on my blog today. I´m so happy to hear from you again.

Your new home looks so gorgeous. I like the wall colours you chosen. Beautiful!

I´m looking forward to see your countless ideas in your blog.

Have a nice weekend, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

A home far away said...

I would also like to spend some time in France:-
The cookie jar looks yummie and decorative!

Have a nice coming week
Hugs Gunilla

Mary-Laure said...

Oh that little lilac colored bouquet... It's beyond pretty. And I love Diptyque's figuier scent, yum!

Mrs.French said...

lovely photos...

Unknown said...

Hoi Solange,
Wat heb je het alweer mooi voor elkaar! Echt ongelooflijk!!! Je weet dat je ook bij mij langs moet komen de volgende maand he??
Liefs RO

Marianne said...

Nou het ziet eruit alsof jij al weer aardig je draai hebt gevonden.
Ben benieuwd naar de rest van je huisfoto's. Neem je ons mee op een fototripje door je nieuwe stulpje?
Groetjes, M