Friday, September 19, 2008

More glimpses of my new home



Hi everybody, it's been a busy week but today is really great. I found a really beautiful lamp and I just knew I had to have it. Now we have a new home, I have to be careful what I buy, since it's easy to buy lots of things, and end up with lots of things all over!
The lamp foot is of stone and the shade is dark blue, it will be ready in about 2 weeks.
Then I got home and I found my new issue of 'Ariadne at Home' which I absolutely love...and the October issue is always so nice and thick, what a treat...



I also want to (finally) share some pictures of our new home with you all, I have been asked when I would post them, so I dedided to share a picture of the livingroom, kitchen and our son's bedroom with you. There still have to be done a ton of things, but for the moment we are happy and feel that we are on our way.
I have to admit to a very typically Solange-story, yesterday I was stuck in our bathroom, with my 2,5 year old son.... I was so happy my husband was home, since he couldn't open the lock from the outside, and I couldn't open in from the inside. The lock was broken and after 20 m5 minutes, my husband decided to saw the doorhandle off....and take the entire door out. You can imagine, we have now a door with a big hole in it.... well, a good reason for a new door! But you can imagine my hapiness, that I wasn't home alone, since I would have been stuck all day....sigh.






I hope you all enjoy your weekend, here it's sunny but fresh, perfect for going outside and doing works inside.

Take care, Solange xx!

16 comments:

Hanna said...

Looks very beautiful, very harmonous colours and airy feeling. The floor looks just great!

Hem och Lycka said...

I just love your style in your home! Soft, white and harmonous.. hugs, Mia

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Dear Solange,

your home is such a beautiful place. It looks so cosy, friendly and warm. I can imagine, that you are so happy to live in your new house.

PS: What a story!

Have a nice evening, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Anonymous said...

Hallo Solange,
Gefeliciteerd met jullie nieuwe huis; het ziet er prachtig uit. Vooral de "zand" kleur op de muren vind ik mooi. Heel harmonieus. Ook al heb je misschien nog niet alles zoals je het graag wilt, het ziet er nu als prachtig uit!
Fijn weekend.
Janneke

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

It's looking really nice and comfortable! Your white sofa & chairs look like a dream and beautiful lamps! Glad you got out of the toilet safe and sound, that's something that could easily happen to me, too :)

Anonymous said...

Hai lieve lans!

je huis ziet er zoooo mooi uit!
We komen snel langs voor koffie bij jou en ok..bij des indes!!!

tot snel kus Faab
xxxxx

Abacaxi & Hortelã said...

Het ziet er prachtig en heel harmoneus uit Solange! Een mooi huis dat al écht helemaal jouw thuis is. Mooie lichtinval ook! En wat een verhaal in die badkamer... je moet er niet aan denken dat je dit zou overkomen als je alleen thuis zou zijn (dus je mobieltje altijd overal mee naartoe...).
ben ook erg nieuwsgierig naar je nieuwe lamp, maar die zullen we vast te zien krijgen...?
Geniet van een mooie zondag!
Chantal

Marianne said...

Je huis ziet er al heel mooi uit! Je kunt amper zien dat jullie er net wonen. En wat een verhaal! Gelukkig kon je snel gered worden. En nu dus op deurjacht!
Groetjes, M

Mary-Laure said...

It is all so bright and beautiful, I just LOVE it...

Sea Angels said...

How wonderful, what gorgeous colours, oh you must be so thrilled with your new house. That was a close call getting stuck I hate anything like that, your story gave me a chill. I was so glad your husband was there...happy endings..the best kind !
Hugs Lynn xx

Reginas Cottage said...

Dear Solange,
your new home looks very warm,cosy
and welcoming.I can understand,that
you're very happy in your new home.

Have a nice evening !!!!
Hugs,Regina

Rumour has it said...

Jullie woonkamer heeft echt balzaal-afmetingen! Ongelofelijk! Je hebt echt al een heel gezellige sfeer weten te creëren in jullie woning en het is helemaal van jullie. Je keuken is ook zo mooi en ruim. Ik ben nog aan het wachten op de Ariadne, de Belgen komen altijd op de laatste plaats wat bedeling betreft :)
Haha, bij je badkamerverhaal zie ik gelijk allerlei beelden voor ogen... :D
Hou je taai!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful living-room! Bravo! Hugs. Anne

Mrs.French said...

this is your home? it is gorgeous...seriously.

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

I love your style and your new home looks amazing. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. I will definitely be back to check the progress on your lovely home. Great blog!

Anja said...

Solange, I discovered your blog while surfin the net and I do come by regularly since then.
I love the way you remodeled and decorated your new home.

Since we are thinking about remodeling our vacation home in the Netherlands, I would like to know what kind of panels you chose for your living room. It looks so very nice.

Greetings from Germany

Anja