The bed is from Ikea and it's made of brown wood. I didn't really like the style, and so I painted the bed white this afternoon. I painted it a sort of ivory white, like an off white.
At first my son slept a bit in both beds, being a bit unsure about such a big bed, but slowly he is now used to it.... he of course climbs out a lot and sometimes I hear him tiptoeing upstairs, but well, it goes with the change! :-)
Before:
After:
Now that we are moving soon, I am thinking of other things I want to change and things which could use a make over.
I will keep you updated on my next house project....
have a brilliant week and take care,
Solange

7 comments:
Solange,
What can I say?? Always painting, always changing :-) :-) Looks great! XX Romina
The bed looks really nice! I can't wait to get a nice bigger bed for my daughter, but I must say I'm a little worried about all the climbing out that's involved with the transition...
Bed looks so great! White is always so fresh! We also have 2 beds in my younger girls room but she is only sleeping in that baby vrsion. :)
Have a great week!
soooo cute, a totally different bed!!! You did a great job.Love blue and white stripes....super, super, super. Come over to my house and help me with painting Jakobs bed, it´s from Ikea ,too!:)))) Can´t wait to see more of your projects!!!......*Marie*
Hi Solange,
the bed looks so nice. What a beautiful make over. Your little son must be very happy. Samuel still sleeps in his baby bed but I think he needs a bigger bed too.
My son has the same bed linen :).
Have a nice evening, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de
Je hebt een goede job gedaan! Het bed in donker hout was zo ook al mooi, maar deze witte kleur staat zo fris; het past op die manier ook beter in jouw interieur-visie, als ik dat goed bekijk. Jij houdt immers ook van zachte en heldere tinten. Dat beddegoed is super, vooral dat met wit-blauwe strepen. Ik ben daar een hele tijd naar op zoek geweest en kon nergens iets in zo'n Scandinavische streep vinden, zodat ik zulke bedsets helemaal vanuit Zweden over heb laten komen :D
Fijn weekend en tot gauw,
Marjolijn
Wat een verandering! En zo ontzettend mooi! Aan de ene kant worden ze dan al zo groot, maar aan de andere kant zijn het toch nog maar kleine hummeltjes, vooral in zo'n "echt' bed! Veel succes met je verhuisplannen!
Post a Comment