Lately I've been so busy, organizing, doing research, making lists, and dreaming a bit about our new house. I realize there is a lot to do and to think about!
We went to Ikea and to stores to inform about the wooden floors, and I am sitting in the evenings, with books filled with colours for the walls, ideas I have collected over the years and well, as you all do as well, the things you cut out or you keep just because you might want them one day... I realize I have to choose, because there are so many choices, from doorknobs, to paint, to floors, and it's hard if you are like me and like a lot...
I hope you all enjoyed these sunny days, here the sun is shining today and it makes my world seem so much brighter and nicer. Sorry, I haven't updated my blog so much lately, but things are a bit chaotic at the moment, I will keep you all updated of course.
The pictures of today, are the mirrors in my livingroom. I love the way the white looks agains the wall colour. The other picture shows what our sofa looks like these days...full of books, magazines and colour samples.
I wish everybody a really good weekend, enjoy yourselves and do take care.
Solange xx

19 comments:
Hi Solange,
I was just reading about Aina (modern country)describe the Queens holiday what a great day shopping for treasures, but I must admit Ikea is kind of fun too, I always tell my husband I love going there for a bargain but we always walk away spending a fortune! you must be so excited planning your home and I can't wait to follow all your posts!
Hi Solange,
your mirrors are so beautiful. I like the ornaments on the top and wish I had one of them in my home :-).
Enjoy your plans and have a nice weekend, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de
always diffficult to choose... especially if you like a lot of different styles. Ik really love the picture of the mirror and the glimps of your chandelier in it ;) Have a nice weekend.
I like your mirrors so much!
I share your feelings, I have always so difficult to deside between so many that I like. So I try to choose so simple as possible so that I won't get bored with it and take the colors that I have always liked (beige&white).
Good luck with planning, when are you moving to your new home?
Moving houses is a stressful time but also so much FUN!! All the excitement, the plans, all things new, the inspiration, the ideas... It's lovely!!! AND it makes the hassle of painting, renovating and packing definitely worthwhile :-)
I sooooo recognize the difficulty of deciding on the flooring and other materials! There is such a variety out there. Good luck with everything and trust your own instincts as to what you want and what will look good --- also in ten years' time.
And finally: A HUGE BIG armload of CONGRATULATIONS on the new house!!
You have a great blog...I found my way here this week. I am looking forward to see your new home. Good luck with everything new!!
The mirrors are so lovely I just love them! The colour the ornaments yes everything...
Hugs Gunilla
Hi Solange!!!
We had sooo much sun the whole weekend in DK, that I promissed my kids not to go on the computer!! Today i read your mail and I must say I love your chaos:)) I really can feel what´s going on in your head!! And I think it´s a lot of work but it also makes sooo much fun!! Don´t stress yourself with postings on your blog. At the moment I´m bussy,too. My sister is moving, my kids want to make bike turs, my husband wants to barbeque, then we want to build a barn for our new hens and I would love to find a bit time for sewing or buying new plants at the gardencenter........ But most of the time we will enjoy the perfect weather in the garden with a cup of coffee and lemonade. I love to hear from you and your big new project, but take your time....xxx *Marie*
beautiful mirrors, I love them! hugs, Mia
What a wonderful time you are going to have creating that new home!! It will be stress somethimes but think why you are doing it! Have fun!!!
Zoals ze in het Duits zeggen: je hebt 'die Qual der Wahl' (de kwelling van de keuze); als je kunt kiezen en je vind veel mooi, dan wordt het moeilijk :D
Maar je zult er wel uit komen, daar ben ik wel van overtuigd! En het is ook geweldig als je helemaal vanaf het begin alles zelf kunt kiezen en je huis mooi kunt maken.
Fijne week, groetjes
OH, how exciting Solange! These days filled with planning and work can be very stressful and hard, but mostly it is a very fun process. And in the end your new home will be "your" home. I love having choices but somethimes they can confuse my mind. Specially with choice of colours. What kind of setting or atmosphere do you want to create?
I wish you sunny and creative days my friend!
Hugs
Oh, I forgot to mention the mirror, it is beautiful!!
:)
What a beautiful mirrow!
Hi Solange,
Thanks for leaving me a comment so I could find your blog! It's really lovely! I like your style and will visit often. In the meantime, congratulations on your new home...I think you will have fun with it :)
Nou da's toch geen straf :)
Maar begrijp helemaal hoe je je voelt hoor. Een tipje: neem 1 foto per ruimte die je heeeeeleeeemaal geweldig vind en stem daar alles op af vóór die kamer. Je hebt dan een stijlvast principe en dan blijft het een rustig geheel :)
Succes!
It is hard work to fix a house but it is great at the same time, enjoy it!
I like the pictures with the mirror, and the pictures in the mirror! Peace and beauty. Calm and Purity.
Have a good night!Anne.
Een bezoekje aan Ikea is altijd leuk. Ik ben er net nog geweest met mijn zus uit Nieuw-Zeeland. Daar is nog geen Ikea en ze had het dan ook echt gemist.
Heerlijk toch om weer helemaal van voren te kunnen beginnen in een nieuw huis. Ik hou erg van ons huis, maar kan het niet helpen om soms te dromen van een nieuwe start.
Veel plezier met alle voorpret en succes met het maken van al die belangrijke keuzes.
Groet, Marianne
Post a Comment