Thursday, May 22, 2008

almost weekend...

photo:solange

Another week has passed. It was busy and we got a lot of things done for the house. I feel relieved that most of the dates are known and that I can finally think on how to order the furniture. Of course it's not the most important, but for me it is! I am busy with colours and details, fabrics and measuring...

My husband gave me a wonderful paint samples book of Flamant, it's incredible, it has 160 colours, all painted on small pieces of paper, so you can get a real impression of the colour, instead of a printed colour, which is always different on the wall.
As you can see, I love the greyish colours, they are so beautiful. I have to think well, in which room will be painted in what colour.

photo:solange

The sun had been away for while, but I noticed that the it's getting warmer again and this weekend should be 23 degrees, that makes me happy.
This weekend we will go on for our search and enjoy hopefully food and a movie. In July I will be off for 2 weeks and then another month later on, can't wait!
My husband sees me going through piles of magazines these days....showing him things and saying 'this I like' and 'how about this?' it's funny, he knows I am always full of ideas.

photo:solange

photo:solange

Wish you all a sunny, enjoyable weekend, take care!

Solange

14 comments:

Hanna said...

I love these colours too! You have so much planning there :) I am only planning a very tiny toilet and having problems in deciding between things :)

Take care!

Hem och Lycka said...

I say the same thing as Hanna, I also love those colours! Must feel nice to plan and enjoy the new house. Hugs, Mia

*Marie* said...

Hej Solange....
Ohhhhh how I love your colours from flamant!!! Works your husband for that dream company so that you get this absolutely fantastic colour book. Or do they sell them online? I love love love the greyish colours!!! I saw that you asked about the white shades, for me I must say I use all white and grey shades that goes more into the cool ( blue, turkise) and not into the warm ( cream or sand or brown)I hope you understand what I mean. In a TV show I saw: when you want to paint one wall white and the other side of the wall grey ( this colour just for example) You always put a little bit of that grey in the white pot so the white fits perfect to the grey.
Do you know what I mean.. a bit chaotic what I´m writing you know my bad english:)
Can´t wait to see your new home, I guess it looks brilliant when it´s finished:)))
Take care and have a relaxing movie night... My daughter wants to watch with me the Erovision singing contest on saturdays...okok I promised her to watch it with her;).....*Marie*

Rumour has it said...

Hele goede keuze die grijstinten! Het geeft aan witte kleuren een warmere look. Flamant is echt een topper wat verfkleuren betreft, maar ik laat mijn verf gewoon in onze verfhandel mengen volgens de Flamant-kaart. En dan kun je zelfs kalkverven in allerlei tinten krijgen. Hopelijk wordt het inderdaad zo fijn warm dit weekend, maar ook vandaag al ziet het bij ons prima uit. Fijn weekend en tot gauw, Marjolijn

ps. ik ben heel nieuwsgierig naar jullie nieuwe huis en naar het eindresultaat als dat eenmaal zover is :D

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Prachtige kleuren, hoewel ikzelf meer van de kleurtjes ben vindt ik het bij andere altijd heel mooi die verstilde kleuren.
Leuk al die nieuwe dingen uitzoeken voor je huis.
Een heel fijn weekend.
Marja

Unknown said...

Wat een prachige kleuren! Veel plezier bij het uitkiezen!

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Hi Solange!
How are you? I hope you are happy and well. It sounds like you are and that makes me happy :) Your pictures are beautiful and describes your work very well. Lovely soft colours. How did it go choosing the right white shade? I find it very difficult myself, yes, specially with white ones..I am thinking about paitning myself today. Because we are almost certain that we are getting a new apartement. And In my mind I am already decorating and also painting the walls. Now just hope that it will be ours :)

Take care friend and have a very good Saturday evening!
Hugs Aina

vosgesparis said...

ohh I would love to have that book ;)) I once saw a beautiful grey.... mmm ik kan wel nedelands schrijven ;) ik zag dus eens ene prachtig grijs ornament in een piepklein aniek winkeltje met alweer even mooie muren.. ik had zo een leuk gesprek met de eigenaar en op een bepaald moment haalde hij de flament boeken tevoorschijn met kleuren op A4 formaat en hebben we zeker een uuur alle moie grijzen zitten bekijken ,,, ik heb nog een briefje met de nummers van 3 mooie grijzen en wat kleuren uit de nieuwe collectie (is inmiddels alweer een jaar geleden) Prachtige kleuren! Hoe kwam je man nou zo aan dat boek??

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

Hi Solange,
beautiful soft colours. I love them. It must be so nice to plan everything for your new house.
Referring to your question: Yes, I cut the felt and stitched the decoration.

Have a nice evening, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

A home far away said...

I think a greyish tone of colour is a very good choice. Its still gives a nice style, but quite modest. Perfect!

I´m having a competition later this week, please join it:-)
I hope you will have great week.

Mary-Laure said...

Where are you off to in July?
I still haven't started planning my summer!

Anonymous said...

beautiful as always! happy week!

Marianne said...

Ik ben laatst nog in Antwerpen bij Flamant geweest. Prachtig!
Als je je kunt losrukken van alle staaltjes en home-deco boeken dan kun je op mijn blog zien dat ik je getagged heb.
Groetjes, Marianne

Sea Angels said...

I adore paint chips. They seem to hold lots of dreams, of what might be, or what I can change....like your bed..poof and a few coats later it is like a fairy tale..lovely greys
Hugs Lynnxx