
I did my first 'decorating project' around age 10. I was always moving furniture in my room, than in my teens painting the walls and spending my pocket and babysitting money on furniture and tissues instead of going out.
Even when I was pregnant, I was still pushing the sofa's, putting up the Christmas tree when I was 2 weeks from my due date (considering I took 23 kilo's that was quite a challenge!!) and just enjoying my home.
This weekend I have been ordering and less decorating, since my husband and I are in two, our son is a few days with the grandparents, so we wanted to use this time to really clean up a bit!
I am happy with the result, some fresh flowers, toys in the baskets, fresh linen and it feels great.

Now, my only thought left is: what colour curtains should I get for our bedroom...? To be continued....
have a great week!
Solange

6 comments:
HI Solange!!
Your post made me smile...I too had a good sort out this weekend (see my kitchen blog) - I LOVE having a good old sort out...so liberating and you get this really quick feeling of achievement!!!! Can't beat it!!!
Enjoy your 'new' room!!! (Feels like that, I always think!). Ahve a great week!
Nicola
Back from your holidays? I hope it all went well. I can totally understand how satisfying moving furnitures is! When I'm low or bored I keep asking myself what if I change this and that...
Your decoration is lovely.
Hoi Solange,
Heerlijk om het weekend voor jullie zelf te hebben. Daar geniet ik ook altijd zo van. Wij gaan binnenkort met z'n tweeen een weekendje naar Gent. Ik verheug mij daar nu al op!
Ik ben heel benieuwd hoe jullie slaapkamer er uit komt te zien!
Lieve groet, Madelief
Hello Solange
I think we are born with textiles and homes in our blood..I think it must be a small gene passed on through family's ha ha.
I have really been enjoying catching up with your lovely posts, your trip to France and your gorgeous book ( I love it).
Its rainy today so i am not in a rush so I am painting my kitchen like you I can't help myself.
Have a lovely week too xx
Lynn x
For me, baby-sitting money was spent in plates and glasses...
Age 10? I am sure you were the most tasteful of little girls!
Post a Comment