Thursday, October 1, 2009

A new book has arrived in my mailbox...



A new book arrived in my mailbox, I am very exited about this book, because I love history and the 18th and 19th century discoveries. It's about how the new inventions like the hot air balloon, lamps and many more things influenced the lifes of people, the fear people had and their curiosity and exitement.
Can't wait to start it, but at the moment I am still reading ' I capture the castle' which is really good as well, so this one will have to wait a little more.

Autumn, you can start now, since I have my books and cozy blankets ready!!

7 comments:

Rumour has it said...

De kaft van het boek is op zich al een decoratief element. Leuk dat je je voor geschiedenis interesseert. Ik volgde de lessen op school altijd graag, maar had een geheugen als een zeef en kon maar moeilijk jaartallen, feiten en zo onthouden. Zo´n boek is dan inderdaad een goed naslagwerk om kennis op te frissen.
Veel plezier ervan! :)
Happy day to you.

Madelief said...

Zelf heb ik ook iets met geschiedenis. Ik ben vooral geinteresseerd in de Eerste Wereldoorlog, Nederlands-Indie en de Engelse geschiedenis. Jouw boek lijkt mij ook wel wat! Ik ben dan ook heel benieuwd hoe het boek je bevalt. Hou je ons op de hoogte?

Een fijn weekend!

groetjes van Madelief

Anonymous said...

hoi Solange,

Long time no "virtual" see!

Hmm ja lekker lezen onder de dekens; het is toch een van de genoegens die de herfst/winter toch nog gezelliger maakt he?

Ik heb je hele blog nog eens doorgenomen (stond nog op mijn lijstje). Het is heerlijk rondneuzen bij je!

Goed weekend
lavender

Sea Angels said...

Hi Solange...I just love the cover on your book, oh it is so beautiful the colours and the ilustration. I love history too but more social history, especialy late medieval...it is sort of shrouded in mists a little.
Do you have a nice soft corner to sit and read in, with goody's close at hand...hope so...enjoy.
Hugs Lynn
Thankyou so much for your visit. xxxx

Phillippa said...

There's nothing like stocking up on good books at this time of year, I'm determined to re-read some classics if i ever get a quiet five minutes!

Mary-Laure said...

I heard about this book on a science show on the radio (NPR) and it sounds really fascinating. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Fijn hè : een nieuw boek !
Kan ik ook altijd zo van genieten ... en met de herfst die er aan gaat komen helemaal .... houtkachel en de kaarsen aan en dan lekker met een boekje in een hoekje :))
Groetjes, Janneke.