
and happy to be home. Paris was as usual gorgeous, but a little rainy. We saw such beautiful things, but the highlight of the entire trip was to see Le Nozze di Figaro, in the Royal Opera in the castle of Versailles no less! Lovely seating, the opera hadn't been officially used for the last 250 years. In 1770 it was used to celebrate the wedding of Marie-Antoinette to Louis XVI.
It was just magical, especially during the pause, I thought to venture a little around to see what I could see of the Versailles castle at night, I went to see the royal chapel at night with nobody around, it was a bit off the opera, it was so quiet and not one tourist, I just had this moment for myself, which was a very special experience.
I also went to the Louvre, again, and well, of course to shop a little. You can't go to Paris and not shop...
Take care, and I wish everybody a nice week!

5 comments:
Sounds so wonderful, Solange! Wish I lived a wee bit closer! XO Trish
Sounds so beautiful Solange! And special moments like that all by oneself seem so rare and all the more meaningful in the middle of all the humdrum of daily life. Have a lovely springtime!
Dear Solange,
I'm glad you had a good time and I'm so happy we are going to Italy for a few days... can't wait.
Kiss, Romina
Hoi Solange,
Jullie uitstap naar Parijs klinkt heerlijk. Fijn dat jullie het zo naar jullie zin hebben gehad. Wat bijzonder om een voorstelling mee te maken in de opera. Ook Versailles lijkt mij prachtig. Ik ben zelf al diverse malen naar Parijs geweest, maar Versailles heb ik helaas nog niet gezien. Wie weet....misschien de volgende keer!
Lieve groet, Madelief
Prachtig Solange! Fijn dat je het naar je zin hebt gehad, het weer kon inderdaad beter (2e Paasdag was er tenminste zon). Heb zaterdag een lange wandeling in het park gemaakt, maar ben je niet tegengekomen...denk ik...!
Lieve groetjes vanuit Versailles, Chantal
Post a Comment